Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Anyone Planning On Getting The PS3 When It Comes Out?

Yes
8 (21.1%)
No
21 (55.3%)
Maybe
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: The PS3  (Read 16196 times)

JessicaB

Re: The PS3
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »
The graphics that I've previewed look exactly the same as PS2, what's the point? Money, money, money...

TN2COOL

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 10:13:20 PM »
No they aren't, the GPU in the PS2 has 4 Pixel Pipelines and 4 vertex shaders.
The PS3 has 16 and 16... HUGE DIFFERENCE!

JessicaB

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:37:02 PM »
yeh yeh, they looked the same to me  :P. Not a big enough difference for me to pay that sort of price. I'd rather get a new PC or even just pay £200 for a new graphics card and stick with my PS2! The only reason I'd get the next gen is for the next Silent Hill game (cos I can't play em on PC, Im a retard when it come to keyboard controls)... I'm a Silent Hill addict! I hold my hands up (and I saw the film, and it was fab, so nur!)

TN2COOL

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 10:07:46 PM »
hah, you think like me and flame here when it comes to new consoles!  :)

jackpkmn

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 11:22:35 AM »
If the price drops down so that poor people can afford it to then I will buy one.

uncontroled_teen

Rookie
    « Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »
    I know everyone is going to hate me but i am going to be the first in line when it comes out. and psp is awsomw aswell i have it. its games are small u can choose its memory size and upgrade it. it has internet and can watch. as a matter of fact i wrote some of my messages on it to this forum...well not this topic i have like 1 gb of music 2 full length movies and like saved games ect. i dont care what anyone says!

rat

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »
    Dont talk to me about PSP !!...Bought one for my son thinking Hed have ongoing fun for a few years...WRONG...AT moment in AUST... there are only 20 odd games on sale AUST$80 approx...( only 2-3 that he WANTS to play !!!).....THINKING I could have bought a TOP END mobile phone for the price THINKING Ive been ripped off down here as NO SUPPORT !!!...anyone else have opinion ????...(thinking its going the way of GAMEGEAR) remember that one ??

R0SS

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 05:12:09 AM »
    I agree man its over rated over priced crap! Still im probably saying that because i cant afford one.

R0SS

Ted2

Intermediate
      « Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 01:42:26 PM »
      Haha rat ;D

It's true, the PSP is pointless, along with the Nintendo one and others...
      What is the point of buying something expencive that is only half decent!?
      I like the idea of handheld games for journeys etc... play a little sonic or super mario or whatever.
      But spending big money on something that is TRYING to be a powerful is completely pointless.  Sure it's clever is squash all that power in one small hand held computer.
      But is it really worth spending all that money just to say "WOW, isen't that clever how it's in 3D and so small!"
      Arfter the "WOW" factor has gone you will get bored of it and want to play the real thing on a consol/PC
      In my opinion hand held video games should go back to basics and be sold £10 each!
      Leave the expencive and up to date technology to the big machines!
      Really no point of buying something inbetween

Dodo

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 05:12:55 PM »
      Personally i' starting recently to swing more towards having a decent PC than an uptodate console, much easier to solve problems. And plus condsoles are now just getting rediculously high priced! i thought the XBOX360 was bad with games for £50! i been reading up on the PS3 and supposedly the RRP of most games is over £80!! (don't no the american equivelant jst know that its stuidly expensive!

Can't wait to get me new PC can finally get sum high graphic games!

GX1_Man

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 06:40:14 PM »
      What will you spend on a high end PC with a high end graphics card? More than $399 I'll bet.  ;)

Dodo

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 02:39:20 PM »
      Well i won't be spendin dollars but the ps3 rrp in britain is £500, and i can get together a high-end pc together for £495, so i conclude PC as well as being better than consoles are also cheaper if you know the right suppliers. (Not including illegal sellers)

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
        « Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 07:27:30 PM »
        My PC is medium-high-end, but it was about 1,200 USD, or about 651 pounds. I would need a substantially better video card to consider my machine high-end, and a video card I like drool over... well, nvidia.com doesn't list a price, but with 1 GB of memory, a GeForce 7950 GX2 is probably pretty expensive.

So, the chance of you getting a kick-arse computer that cheap is about nil. Sorry. :'(

EDIT: 650 USD
        « Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 09:24:11 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
        "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

homer

Expert
          « Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 12:21:43 AM »
          i just got a crazy good computer about a month ago, so i dont think ill get either PS3 or XBOX360. besides, the XBOX360 is like an on-going investment. i cant comment on the PS3 tho (because its not out yet duh!) , but i have a feeling that thier console is also going to be an on-going investment.

hyperhedron

Intermediate
          • Hilarity Ensues.
            « Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 01:24:41 AM »
            In australia the ps3 is said to be priced at around $900AUD. if i had that much to spend on upgrading my pc i would have a computer owning the ps3 3 times over!
            "question" is not an adequate topic name!