Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 Sound Issue  (Read 13108 times)

bkutz

Windows 2000 Sound Issue
« on: August 26, 2004, 08:57:58 PM »
I'm running Windows 2000 Pro,  solid system, no issues other than the following:

After the computer has recovered from SLEEP MODE, the sound blasts me out of the room. I can reset it using the volume control setting in the Tool Bar, but the next time the computer recovers from sleep mode, the sound is returned to maximum volume.  It does not do this upon initial boot, but just when I've activated and recovered from SLEEP MODE.

I'm running a Pentium 4 on a BioStar U8668D Motherboard utilizing the onboard AC '97 sound chip. Nothing peculiar with my setup that I know of. Sound works just fine except for the Sleep Mode issue.  This is incredibly annoying, as everytime the computer recovers from Sleep Mode, I get blasted out of the room. Yes, I know I can turn off the Windows Sound wave, but would like to leave it on if possible.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to resolve this very annoying event? I've looked everywhere and can't find any reference to this as it applies to my PC.

Thank you.   ???

Raptor

Re: Windows 2000 Sound Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 04:43:26 AM »
Did you check to see if your speaker set is turned to maximum?

Once you have done so, I suggest that you:

• Download latest drivers
  • Uninstall current drivers
  • Reset
  • Install latest drivers

merlin_2

Re: Windows 2000 Sound Issue
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 02:14:36 PM »
why use sleep mode? if something go wrong with your pc ....your data maybe lost...my  way of thinking is just shut it down...