Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why does...  (Read 4414 times)

jackpkmn

Why does...
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:23:25 AM »
Why does Windows ME suck so much? I liked 98se and 2000 but ME?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Why does...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:53:54 AM »
>You're not alone< in feeling this way!
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

jackpkmn

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:32:52 AM »
Wow I thought I was just paranoid. But I do have a likely explantion for such an occorence. Coincidence than Windows 2000 was released right afer ME? I think not. It was a very cleverly developed marketing ploy invented my Microsoft. ME was the prototype for 2000 and was forced to be finished erlie so that people would think that it sucked so much that that they couldent resist buying 2000. Then to push the Pentium I and II with MMX users to buy Pentium III and 4s Windows 2000 doesnt have MMX support. Infact MMX just slows down video preformance under Windows 2000. I havent tryed XP yet though. Also I might just be crazy but if you think about it it makes perfect sence. Even if my sentinces dont.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 10:26:51 AM »
Without a doubt, Windows XP professional is (at last) a far superior operating system to the other dross MS has pushed out for home users.  The only real drawback for me is its relatively heavy hardware requirements.  So it's Win98SE for older hardware and WinXP Pro for newer hardware.  For desktop systems I wouldn't consider ANY other MS O/S.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:27:16 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

jackpkmn

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »
I would half to agree with you there. But just one prolem... The only copy of XP i have is in Aribic.  :'( last time I buy software from goodwill. Although I included the ME disk with the AOL disks and used it for target practice.

jackh1990

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 04:16:13 PM »
They also make good coasters  ;)

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »
I still use AOL discs for coasters. Anyone need any?  ;D

jackpkmn

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
PULL! *BANG!* *Cop sirens* Crap hide! Useualy what I do. Well anyway. Does anyone agree with my thorie on ME yet?