Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop went blank  (Read 1940 times)

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    laptop went blank
    « on: May 08, 2006, 06:57:54 AM »
    Hi,

I have a problem with my laptop. I let it be on for a while say approx 2 hrs or so. Everything was allright. I could get into windows and manage to surf the internet. But after a certain number of hours passed, i re-started the computer, the whole screen was blank. I mean it didn't even get to load up the windows.
    It was blank the whole time right from the time i pushed the power on button.
    There was no warning though.

My guess is the hard disk.

Can anyone suggest me to do? what could be the cause?

Thank you in advance

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: laptop went blank
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »
    When you press the power button to turn the laptop on when it is off, do you hear any noises? Namely the fans spinning. Do you have virus and Spyware portection? Any changes made to the system recently?

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 03:47:20 PM »
    Can you get to the BIOS and see if the hard drive is recognized? What make and model?

associates

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:28:15 PM »
      Hi,

Thanks guys for your reply.

When i press the power on, i could hear the noise of the fan but then after a shortwhile, I couldn't hear any more noise (very quiet). I suspect that the fan might stop.

GX1 Man, i could get to the bios but get frozen after a short time(3 or 4 secs after power turned on).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:13:21 AM »
      It needs to go to a good repair location. You will not be able to fix this by yourself.  ;)