Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: addvy.exe error  (Read 9907 times)

FranG

addvy.exe error
« on: August 28, 2004, 08:17:15 AM »
I am having start up problems ever since I ran AOL spyblocker.  I blocked 3 programs and had a lot of trouble starting my computer.  I unblocked the programs and am still having problems.  The error I get now is addvy.exe cannot run, my options are to debug, send error report, or don't send error report.  No matter which I chose I get another error message saying the exact same thing.  At one point I closed 52 of these error boxes, one right after the other.  I don't know what this error means or how to fix it.  I spoke with aol who was no help whatsover and then called dell who said i should reformat the hard drive.  There has to be an easier way.  My computer is not even 1 year old and I am running Windows XP Home.  I am not that computer literate, and would appreciate any help someone could give me.  Thanks

Raptor

Re: addvy.exe error
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »
First of all, if you are certain that AOL Spyblocker (I heard so many good things about AOL....) is causing the problem to occur, then uninstall the program if you have not yet done so.

I suggest you install the following programs (Or variants) and run them on a regular basis:

Adaware

Advanced System Optimizer V2

Sygate Personal Firewall

AVG Anti-Virus

Here are more variants:

Regseeker

Zone Alarm Free Edition

Spybot S&D

Regseeker and Advanced System Optimizer are tools that clean you registry and remove redundant or damaged registry entries that could cause problems. Advanced System Optimizer also offers many more features, definitely worth registering.

ZoneAlarm Free and Sygate Personal Firewall are both free  firewalls to keep your computer safe.

Adaware and Spybot S&D are programs that are able to remove malware.

If you wish to learn more about these subjects, I suggest you use Computerhope database.

Installing these programs and running them (Configure them properly or keep the standard settings) may help you   eliminate the problems you've been having. Always read the instructions before proceeding.