Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Future Of Computer Games  (Read 7745 times)

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Future Of Computer Games
    « Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 02:17:51 PM »
    For AoE just sit in a throne and bark orders. ;D
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

TN2COOL

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 08:12:51 PM »
    Haha.. Yeah it would be kinda hard to play strategy games in VR I would think, but First Person games would dominate..  I think the first generations of VR machines will likely have tons of flaws.. (think comas and such lol)

Kimalda

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 09:13:26 AM »
    Strategy games like AoE and Starcraft would probably be *censored* hard to play, unless it was kinda like on each team there is a king, and some generals. The king tells the generals what to do and the general will build or something...It would be hard either way.

But virtual food, based on your senses? That could lead to death. They would eat "in game" and not be hungry, but would be loosing nutrition and die from starvation.

And to think about the VR based on you, look at the show ".hack" or what ever its called, people always were getting virus's or something  :o

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 09:16:14 AM »
      Yea i saw this program that had this cricket thing. He had laods of impulse thingymabobs attached to him and had a wired up cricket bat. He als had some special glassses on, so when the glasses showed the ball comming he could swing with the bat and the thingymabobs would detect it and take the appropriate action. It was pretty mint.

99 Problems and London's one of them

JessicaB

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 10:02:18 PM »
      We've already got VR kind of in a really affordable *censored* way... eye toy, guitar hero, blah blah blah. One of my great wishes for computer games in the future is to be able to interact and have an option for absolutely everything... Like in Morrowind you could pick up a fishing rod but not go fishing with it (what's all that about). Can you imagine a game where literally ANYTHING was possible and everything had an effect... I dunno, like you chattd up the bar maid and had babies and then cheated and she hit you over the head with a frying pan... or, say, you robbed someone and then without you expecting it, 4 days later his posse came after you... you get my drift... I think that would be ace... But is it possible?

TN2COOL

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 10:09:53 PM »
      Um.. your talking about AI JessicaB, and that AI you mentioned at the end of your post, there is a VERY LIMITED form of that in Oblivion.

JessicaB

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 10:32:54 PM »
      A aye! I know that chuck! All I can say is bring it on... but is anyone ever gunna build us a machine and some software that can handle it!?  :-?