Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i think i need another mother board  (Read 3942 times)

Peter Freeman

i think i need another mother board
« on: March 29, 2004, 09:38:56 AM »
 :'(   rite my computer turns on some times and doesnt sometimes!!! its a packardbel (pc world comp) the front 2 usb ports are kicked in  :o and just dont know wat to do  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? can some 1 plz help me :p

MetalMilitia

Re: i think i need another mother board
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 10:53:07 AM »
Do you mean sometimes when youy press the button nothing happens and other times it turns on. Have you tried re-attaching the power switch to the motherboard or swaping the reset switch for the power switch so the reset switch turns it on (to test if the button is not dodgey).

LordZerg

Re: i think i need another mother board
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 02:14:55 PM »
I have had the same problem at times. I think it may have something to do with the mother board or other component inside the tower overheating. when it usually happens to me, I let the computer sit for a while; toggle the reset switch on the back; and it starts right up. If overheating is the problem, you may want to look at installing a fan to cool the inside. COMPUSA sells on that fits right in to one of the back ports. They also sell ones that will fit into the top of a tower. Hope this helps.  ;)