Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: insert jad and jar files in xhtml  (Read 4225 times)

whitewolf33

insert jad and jar files in xhtml
« on: May 27, 2006, 02:24:44 AM »
Hi,
     i have deesigned a small mobile phone compatible game with J2ME and i want to insert the .jad and  .jar files into an XHTML web page ,so that any one can download the game in their phone and play it. But i donot know how to insert the files as downloadables. Can anyone help me with this

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: insert jad and jar files in xhtml
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »
I don't know specifically how this is done (downloading programs to mobile phones) but why not find another site that does this, and examine their code?
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

whitewolf33

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:28:13 PM »
Thanks Rob . I figured it out . Just have to give the link to the files directly. And when you try tht link it prompts whether to open or save the file.
      Now i am struck up with accessing a data base (.DB file) to read the table and display it in my XHTML web page . i tried GOOGLING but could not find anything .
Precisely , i want to include the High score for the game  which i wrote it into a .DB file and now i have to access the file and display the table in the web page.
 Could you please give me some ideda how to work this out. If any one could put down the sample script on how to do this would be appreciated

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 01:11:58 AM »
You would normally need a scripting language (such as PHP, Perl or Python) to access a database from a web page.  Are you familiar with any of those?  What did you use, to create the database?

whitewolf33

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 05:57:18 AM »
Hi Rob ,
       thanx for ur concern . i used J2ME  tool kit which created a record in DB and wrote the scores everytime i ran the game , but i could not open the data base at all . When i googled i found it could be opened with MSAcess , but it didnt . I honestly do not know how J2ME writes the database. I stopped processing tht currently writing midlets to output the score in a text file .

thanks again

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 07:49:33 AM »
Does your website host provide you with any server-side scripting?  That would give you some fairly sophisticated capabilities, even with a flat text file.

If you can program in Java, picking up PHP would be a breeze.