Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ATI VPU error  Tried EVERYWHERE and EVERYTHIN  (Read 14853 times)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: ATI VPU error  Tried EVERYWHERE and EVERYTHIN
    « Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
    Has lowering the Hardware Acceleration resolved anything for you?
    A future release of video drivers may well fix your problem.

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
      Re: ATI VPU error  Tried EVERYWHERE and EVERY
      « Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
      No,   it has not,   although i no longer recieve the STOP error,   now it's just  that the screen goes blank,  and doesn't come back.    this time i was running FL Studio,      :-?

So now i'm completely out of idea's,   am i stuck dealing with this, until ATI comes out with a driver that fixes this problem for me?

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 07:49:31 AM »
        I'm really in a bind here, i want to avoid buying a new video card,  but i really need my computer to work.  this error is as bad as ever,  but now instead of giving the VPU Recover error message, it still just goes blank and i must restart.   It happens with virtually any activity,   i havn't really tried any games,  since i've been on this forum.

also,  what do you all think about this  
        Hi, I also had this problem, and it drove me CRAZY!!!
        but, I found the solution after ravaging random forums for 2 days. I believe the problem was that ATI graphic cards think that they are overheating, and the VPU recovery kicks in for no reason, and then shuts down the computer because it doesn't want to damage the card.

there was a patch/file released that fixed this problem, all you have to do is download it and d-click the file so it goes into your registry. since I have done that my comp. has been goin strong for 3 days, instead of 1-2 hours like before.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_2367,00.html

Anything would be great               [smiley=cry.gif]

P.S.  would it be worth using ATI's Trade Up Program to purchase a Radeon X1600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 for $199   or  something entirely different

P.P.S.   *censored*?¿   http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=525075
        « Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:04:38 PM by Doomsayer »

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »
          Ok,  so two more specific questions.    

1. It seems i have .NET framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed at the same time in add/remove programs,   i should probable remove the 1.1 right?

2. part of symantec antivirus,  the one of the two antivirus programs i chose to loose,  is still on my computer,  the Live Update,   when i go to uninstal,  it says that one or more programs are still using this,  and that i should remove those first,   how do i find what those other two are?

thanks a lot everybody

Fed

• Sage
            « Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 12:40:06 AM »
            *censored*?  Did anyone read this link? It's 'us' on a different forum!!!!
            Compare the link below with the posts in this thread!
            Is there such a thing as 'FORUM PIRACY' :-?
            Edit: Now it makes sense, it's a curry muncher site.  :D

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=525075

Thanks for pointing it out Doomsayer.

Your other link seemed to be only for AMD.
            I'm not sure about .NET framework, perhaps someone else can advise you on that.
            The only Norton advice I can offer is to completely remove Norton & get alternative protection.
            « Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 12:42:05 AM by Fed »

Fed

• Sage
              « Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 12:49:07 AM »
              A couple of click around that site is showing me they are pirating Computer Hope's forums.
              Admin where are you???
              You're being ripped off by curry munchers!

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
                « Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »
                Ok,  so   i am still looking for answers on the previous question about .NET Framework,      but now,   based on anyones knowledge of computers,   if i buy a new ATI video card,   what are the  chances that this error will continue with my current setup,          all i want is a "good"  "bad"   or "i have no idea"     just a rough idea is all i want, not an exact percentage or anything.

please help!!!

gratefully,
                   Doomsayer
                « Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:12:11 PM by Doomsayer »

Fed

• Sage
                  « Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 02:17:30 PM »
                  After your terrible experience so far I'd change to nvidia.
                  Perhaps you should try contacting ATI again, even refer them to this thread?
                  Put up the details on your mobo.

Doomsayer

Topic Starter

Beginner
                    « Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 11:57:17 AM »
                    so now,  on the topic of nvidia,   do any of their cards offer the ability for a dual monitor display,  because i have become quite partial to it, and i know that most ati cards are able to split the power between the DVI and VGA ports at the same time,   but i heard that Geforce cards are not all as versitile in the wonderful world of multiple monitors.

is there any truth to that?  or did i hear wrong.  

thanks   ;)

Dead_reckon

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 04:27:04 PM »
                    *censored*?  Did anyone read this link? It's 'us' on a different forum!!!!
                    Compare the link below with the posts in this thread!
                    Is there such a thing as 'FORUM PIRACY' :-?
                    Edit: Now it makes sense, it's a curry muncher site.  :D

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=525075

Thanks for pointing it out Doomsayer.

Your other link seemed to be only for AMD.
                    I'm not sure about .NET framework, perhaps someone else can advise you on that.
                    The only Norton advice I can offer is to completely remove Norton & get alternative protection.

lmfao, im gonna use dictionary.com's translator, and find a language that i can say tech arena f'ing sucks for my name, and sign up there ;D ... oh, btw, it looks like they turned that garfeild guy into a cannible, look at "newtech's" picture... i think  there just posting this so that site doesnt go under...

EDIT: either we are tripping into another reality here, or somthing is totally off here, there threads which are supposedly copies of ours, are older than ours, so how can we prove they are copying us? btw, my name there is verzögertes Bumsen
                    « Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 04:36:16 PM by Dead_reckon »