Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major Virus takeover...I think  (Read 3321 times)

JHayes

Major Virus takeover...I think
« on: June 12, 2006, 10:29:10 AM »
I've got a huge problem with this computer and I almost don't know where to begin...  I've got a Dell Dimension Desktop running Windows XP on it.  I've got this new "virus"...worm...whatever it is.  I've run Bazooka Spyware Scanner, which has never let me down.  And it comes up with these hijackers... "A Better Internet.dlmax", "A Better Internet.susp", "BT Grab", "Exploit crackz.wz-2", "Flingstone Bridge", "Pynix" "WStart" and ZServ.  I got rid of everything eventually and even did it all in Safe Mode until Bazooka detected NOTHING!  So then I rebooted in regular mode and they're all back!  It's like I did nothing!  I can't even ignore this stuff cuz a little Alert! box comes up supposedly from Windows telling me I got spam or hijackers are getting a hold of my info. or whatever!  Then I'll get something that says the System will Shutdown.  After about 30 seconds, it'll open up a new window which takes me to "AntiSpywareBox.com" which I don't suggest you go to.

Please let me know what's up ASAP!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Major Virus takeover...I think
    « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:43:22 PM »
    JHayes....  ok ...lets see what we can do .
    First , Turn off the system restore .......
    Then if you don't have it ....download ....hijackthis and save it to a folder on your desktop.......  http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html
    Next , if you don't already have it installed ........
    download and install CCleaner and configure it as shown here ........
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149834478

now run ccleaner ...... the clean function first .....removing anything it finds .......  then use the "issues " function ...... and fix anything it finds .......
    Now reboot into ....safe mode ...and run your antivirus program  ( not your spyware scanner )  and of course remove anything it  finds.....
    Now , if you have windows defender installed , or antispyware ......run it as well ,while you are in safe mode .......... now reboot back into normal and run a scan with hijackthis and post the logfile here .........  If the log file is too large to fit in one post ..... do it in 2 posts .......

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.