Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Power  (Read 1694 times)

tchaney

No Power
« on: June 11, 2006, 10:19:32 AM »
I went to use my computer today and noticed that the power was off.  I had left it on over night.  So when i went to turn it back on, i pushed the power button and nothing happened.   I tried plugging in various outlets and reseting the power strip, still nothing.  The computer is a 2yr old Dell desktop.  the monitor has power.  Any ideas????

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: No Power
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »
Relax, this is a common issue  :)  Your power supply has gone dead, and needs to be replaced. This is not a horribly expensive part, however, if you are not the best with computers, I suggest having a professional install it for you. Take the computer to your local computer store. They will tell you which power supply you have, as well as which you can buy to replace it. Buy the supply, and have them install it for you. I say this because if you are new to the whole thing, it can be dangerous handling such a powerful unit.

Flame

tchaney

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 10:46:16 AM »
Thanks for your input, I will try it.
tc

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
Sure thing  :)  Let us know how everything goes  ;)

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:14:25 AM »
Be sure that the power supply you get has ALL of the appropriate connectors. SOme of those things are proprietary,either in the wires, or the way they attach inside your computer, and you have to get those from the manufacturer.