Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Activation problems  (Read 2883 times)

Aeshion

Topic Starter

Rookie
    XP Activation problems
    « on: June 14, 2006, 12:21:28 AM »
    Hey, I recently had a virus and was forced to reformat. I couldn't find my XP CD so I used a friend's and CD Key. Now I can't activate  :( Is there any way to get around activating Windows XP, or crack? I have the same problem with Office 2003 - see http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1150266004

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: XP Activation problems
      « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 12:38:49 AM »
       Aeshion......  Why didn't you use your XP serial code it was in your machine ,in fact it should be on a label and afixed to the the case somewhere ?  Then you would not have had any problems using your friends copy of XP ........... Could you please tell us how you managed to loose all your M/S serial codes ?
      Unfortunately , Computer Hope doesn't offer help with piracy .......... It's just not worth it .   Sorry

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:39:49 AM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »
      The answer is yes, but I'm afraid it is against policy for us to assist people in breaking the law/copyright.  Keep looking for that CD.

Sorry.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Aeshion

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:28:26 AM »
        my computer was custom-built, it didnt come with any stickers on it. found out after reformatting that there was a way to get your original cd key. i understand you cant help with any piracy issues, thanks anyway

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:22:11 PM »
        If you hadn't formatted you could easily retrieve it, but afterwards - no. Sorry.