Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: downloads  (Read 2032 times)

xboxguru

downloads
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:26:29 AM »
i'm a worry wort. i think i have something that makes me worry as much as i do, like a disease. anyway, i use to download music, games, programs, etc. the bad way, but have stopped now. i've reformatted my hdd, and got rid of all my cds. but, because i worry so much i'm still scared of being being put in jail with a cell mate named Mathew or something who rapes me all day...

what are the chances of this happening?

ps. i'm scared mommy...

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: downloads
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 09:17:55 AM »
:D  Thanks for the chuckle!

I hate to tell you this, but you are small fry.  In the intergalactic world ruled by Microsoft, it is very rarely worth anyone's while to target small time pirates.  For sure if you had a 10 deck DVD duplicator and 500 boxes of bootlegged Office 2003 Enterprise ready to ship out to pubs up and down the country, then you might be worthy of the Great MS's attention.

You don't, do you?  ;)

Congratulations on your reformation.  I don't think you're at risk of becoming Matthew's b!tch just at the moment.

Edited to add: the automatic censor changed "b!tch" to "pregnant dog", which made this thread even funnier.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:19:22 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

xboxguru

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »
well, thank you!

one of my many worry worts has now gone away knowing i'm not going to be Mathew's B!tch.

thanks again.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »
There is hope!

Oh - and welcome to the forum.  :)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

homer

Expert
    « Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:30:16 PM »
    the police, and whoever else is involved with stopping piracy, mainly focuses on the distributor (big servers and websites). much like drug trafficing. police very rarely arrest the user, instead they go after the drug dealer. once they have the dealer, the users have no where to go. kinda like the domino effect.