Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Online trouble  (Read 3654 times)

Medicineman300

Online trouble
« on: July 07, 2006, 09:49:17 PM »
Just downloaded Americas Army free online video game; i have cable inernet access and have so far had no trouble with it. However, when running the game, any link that i click which requires online access (for instance logining in my account) brings up a message that says no internet connection is found. Though during this time i am still able to browse the internet, yet i can not get online gaming to work on this program. (Other online games work such as Dark Age of Camelot).

homer

Expert
    Re: Online trouble
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »
    can u log on to ur account while NOT running the game??? can u log into anywhere else (such as an email account) while the game IS running?

Medicineman300

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »
    all other aspects of my cable work while game is running...aol works fine...internet explorer works fine. Single player training portion of game works fine, but trying to play multi-player or even just populating list of multi-player games running will not work.

homer

Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
      ne firewalls enabled??

Medicineman300

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:14:46 PM »
      Hmm havent thought of that and come to think of it i dont remeber ever turning it off (which it usually prompts me whenever internet access is being requested). I am new to using firewalls so when i get home from work ill mess with that program and let ya know how it goes.
      Thanks!

homer

Expert
        « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 10:27:20 PM »
        no problem.  :)

most connection issues with multiplayer online games is either caused by a firewall being on, or a port not being opened.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
          « Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 12:20:50 AM »
          Of course, the issue of no live protection while a potentially infected computer interfacing with yours is enough to churn my stomach; it's for those reasons I stay away from MMO games. Make sure you got a good virus scanner going -- and re-enable the firewall afrer you're done playing.
          "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Medicineman300

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 12:41:21 AM »
          Thanks for the advise, and turning off the firewall did help by the way.  :)

homer

Expert
            « Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 02:12:16 AM »
            glad we could help  :)