Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem when playing a game..  (Read 4488 times)

XeroOfTime

Problem when playing a game..
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
Well i doesnt matter what game i am trying to play but when i do the graphics start to get bad and even if i get out of the game the still look crappy.
Here is a pic when i was trying to create a character at Wow.
I have a laptop Intel Pentium R 3.00Ghz 512 RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
Thanks.

Arc

Hopeful

Re: Problem when playing a game..
    « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:55:58 PM »
    Dear XeroOfTime,
    How long has this been happining for?
    Has it ever work correctly?
    Do you graphics return to noraml after a restart?
    How long has the card been in use?
    Do you know if the card has a proper cooling system? (i.e. heatsink, fan, ect.)

From what you have told us so far it sounds lke the card is going out, or there is insufficent video RAM on the card.

Viper
    You've got to stop taking life so seriously;

or you'll never make it out alive

XeroOfTime

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »
    How long has this been happining for?

Well it has been happing for 3 months or so..

Has it ever work correctly?

Well it used to but suddently one day when i tried to play a game this is what happened..

Do you graphics return to normal after a restart?

If u mean when i am not playing a game the game return in normal but if i try to play a game i get that problem.
    How long has the card been in use?
    Well i have no idea..I have my laptop 1,5 year.
    Do you know if the card has a proper cooling system? (i.e. heatsink, fan, ect.)
    Well honestly i dont know..How can i see that?

Btw what do u mean that there is insifficent video RAM on the card?i dont understand.

Thanks Viper

Arc

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:41:53 AM »
      By insifficent video/graphic RAM, I mean there might be not enough memory on the card the game. Is it a 64mb or 128mb card? Have you tried updating the drivers? Guessing that you are running windows XP, right click my computer, click properties, goto the hardware tab, clicke device manager. From there, open the Radeon 9700 Series, under display adapters. Goto the driver tab, and update the driver. If anything, the card might just be on it's deathbed :'(

Windows® System/OS (ME, 2000, XP):

* Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 800 Mhz or higher CPU
          * 512 Megabytes (MB) or more of RAM
          * 32MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (such as an Nvidia GeForce 2 class or better)
          * 6 Gigabytes or more of available hard drive space
          * 4x CD-ROM drive
          * DirectX® 9.0c (included with game) and [highlight]latest video card drivers[/highlight]

Viper

Arc

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:49:22 AM »
        You migh look here:
        http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww0830p

World of Warcraft is highly dependant on the video adaptor in your computer using up to date drivers. Please bear in mind that laptop computer manufacturers commonly do not update their drivers on a regular basis. Frequently, these manufacturers only supply drivers based on the drivers that the chipset manufacturer's were offering at approximately the same time the laptop was released. This means that laptops with older video cards (Geforce 2Go, ATI Radeon Mobility series, and Radeon IGP 300 series) that technically meet our system requirements will often be unable to run the game for lack of modern drivers. Trying to install the latest reference drivers from your laptop's video chipset manufacturer (ATI or nVidia, for example) will usually result in an error that advises you that the video chip installed is not supported, and installation will fail. Although it is possible to install these files by modifying the driver's .inf file or using unsupported third-party distributions of the drivers, this can cause serious display issues and we cannot recommend this strategy.

Although it may be possible to run the game on a laptop or notebook computer, we will be unable to offer support for video related problems stemming from inconsistent driver implementations. We sincerely apologize if you are unable to run the game for this reason and advise contacting your laptop's manufacturer and requesting the release of a new driver package based on the latest reference drivers from the video chip manufacturer.

Viper

XeroOfTime

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 10:39:26 AM »
        Its not only in this game MrViper.Even if i try to play a game with the lowest system requirements it still happens.
        Btw i forgot to tell u that i had this problem before and in order to fix it they changed the panel of my screen(whats that i dont know)but back then i had a guarentee..Yesterday when i went to the store and told them to fix it again they v told me that there might be(they werent sure...) a problem with my graphic card and if i want to be repaired its gonna cost me 400euros..But i dont understand why it happened twice i only have this computer for 1,5 year...I installed the latest drivers  http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/ with this toold but still...

Now look how my computer looks after i got out from world of warcraft...
        My friend has a laptop with the same graphic card and he plays th game just fine...
        Btw sorry for my english...

Ohhh and thanks for everything...
        « Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:48:58 AM by XeroOfTime »

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 04:05:51 PM »
          Why don't you try the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website?

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 04:15:56 PM »
          Heat, damaged graphics card or bad power supply are the main possibilities. I am assuming you have the latest patches downloaded from the game site and appropriate drivers. Spyware/adware/virus problems and a debrided and defragged hard drive with enough free space are also essential.  

Open the case and blow a fan in there for an hour of gaming or so. Does this improves things? While the side is off clean out the hair, dust  and other residue in there and make sure all fans are turning. What kind of ventilation is inside the case? Can you monitor your temps?  

XeroOfTime

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 04:44:43 PM »
          Thats the ones i am using now and still i cant fix it
          I am assuming you have the latest patches downloaded from the game site and appropriate drivers. Spyware/adware/virus problems and a debrided and defragged hard drive with enough free space are also essential
          Yes i have and the latest patch and the latest drivers.. as i said above this happens to all games i am trying to play not only to World Of Warcraft.I dont think i have any spyware/adware/virus problems check everything with Kaspersky and Spybot Search And Destroy..I Have defragged the hard drive and i have 10GB free on it.
          Open the case and blow a fan in there for an hour of gaming or so. Does this improves things? While the side is off clean out the hair, dust  and other residue in there and make sure all fans are turning
          Havent tried that when i do will tell so..
          What kind of ventilation is inside the case?
          Whats a ventilation?
          Can you monitor your temps?
          I dont know how.Can u tell me if i can and how to do it?

Fed

• Sage
            « Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »
            I installed the latest drivers  http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/ with this toold but still...
            Thats the ones i am using now and still i cant fix it
            I'm confused, where did you get the drivers from?
            What does... [highlight]"with this toold but still..."[/highlight] translate into?

XeroOfTime

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 02:38:51 AM »
            You see ATI has the ATI Radeon and ATI Radeon Mobility Drivers.
            My card may be an ATI Radeon Mobilty but the ATI Radeon Mobility Drivers they cause problems on my laptop.
            So i download ATI Radeon drivers and i install them with this tool from this site http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/.
            If i am not playing a game everything works fine..When i try to do so u see what happens.
            And Fed sorry about my english

Fed

• Sage
              « Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »
              The latest mobility drivers should not cause you a problem, did you see the 'hint' at the ATI website to make sure your XP was fully up to date?

XeroOfTime

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 06:26:11 AM »
              My XP is up to date but still.