Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scroll the text  (Read 5751 times)

pratibha

Scroll the text
« on: September 06, 2004, 03:45:30 AM »
hi,
how can we scroll the text. I know that it can be scrolled using marquee. But with it, in loop, next instance of the text comes when first one is entirly out of view.

I want the continous scrolling. How to do it?

Thanks in advance

Corrosive

Re: Scroll the text
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »
You're looking for a Javascript ticker. There's plenty of sites that offer these; this site seems to have a pretty decent selection.

pratibha

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:27:52 PM »
thanks, but still it doesn't provide the thing that i want.
In marquee, second instance comes when first one is out of sight while i want it to get when first one is still scrolling.

Corrosive

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 01:01:08 PM »
Well, I have seen it done, and I'm sure it was with Javascript. Just keep searching these kinds of sites and you might get lucky.

Depending on what this marquee is for, there may be another method. If you have a decent photo-editing package installed, you may have a GIF animator, and you might be able to get a similar effect. Ditto for Flash files, though they generally need more advanced software to make.

This method may be just what you want (if this is for a heading or other permenant feature) or it may be totally useless (if it needs to be updated every day).