Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: password  (Read 1845 times)

vivian

password
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:38:45 AM »
 :-? Hi! I do hope someone can help me.  My daughter was given a computer by a friend of ours, this computer had not been used for some time.  When it was switched on [windows 2000] it required a user name and a password, we had the user name but our friend could not remember the password.  So it wont let her even open the desktop so we can do nothing.  please help her. thanks.  :)

vivian

Re: password
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »
:-? Hi! I do hope someone can help me.  My daughter was given a computer by a friend of ours, this computer had not been used for some time.  When it was switched on [windows 2000] it required a user name and a password, we had the user name but our friend could not remember the password.  So it wont let her even open the desktop so we can do nothing.  please help her. thanks.  :)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »
If there's nothing on that computer that you need to save, why not start with a fresh installation of Windows?  That way you won't be inheriting anyone else's problems.  :)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    « Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 01:22:21 PM »
    i know what ur doing ;D ::)
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:24:22 PM by unlovedwarrior »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
       vivian....  The simplest and probably the easiest way would be to do as robpomeroy has already suggested ........ simply wipe that machine clean and then reinstall windows . In the long run , it will prove to be a much better solution .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.