Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zone Alarm Firewall Problem  (Read 3380 times)

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
    Zone Alarm Firewall Problem
    « on: July 23, 2006, 01:57:41 AM »
    why is it that i cannot access the internet somtimes when  my zone alarm firewall is turned on? i have "internet zone security" at high and "trusted zone secuity" at medium. sometimes i cannot access my homepage at all and i have to turn my firewall off, other times it takes a few retries and then it works. this is becoming VERY aggrevating.

just now i retried my homepage 3 times before turning off my firewall. once i was able to connect, i turned it back on. in order to get to computer hope, i had to do the same thing.

i would like to know how to stop this from happening because apparently zone alarm is a good firewall, but so far, for me, its on its way to the recycling bin. i have no idea how to set it up, im sure there is a way for this to stop happening.

BTW... after leaving my computer on through out the night, in the morning i find this microsoft error message on the screen.

"True Vector Internet Monior has encountered an error and needs to close, sorry for the inconvienece. would you like to send the error report to micrsoft?"

this has happened twice, the two times ive left my comp on since downloading zone alarm...
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:03:25 AM by homer »

infoseeker

Re: Zone Alarm Firewall Problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:30:00 AM »
    Have you try to uninstall then reinstall your ZA?

infoseeker

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 10:34:31 AM »

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:16:29 PM »
    why is it that i cannot access the internet somtimes when  my zone alarm firewall is turned on? i[highlight] have "internet zone security" at high and "trusted zone secuity" at medium. [/highlight]sometimes i cannot access my homepage at all and i have to turn my firewall off, other times it takes a few retries and then it works. this is becoming VERY aggrevating.

just now i retried my homepage 3 times before turning off my firewall. once i was able to connect, i turned it back on. in order to get to computer hope, i had to do the same thing.

i would like to know how to stop this from happening because apparently zone alarm is a good firewall, but so far, for me, its on its way to the recycling bin. i have no idea how to set it up, im sure there is a way for this to stop happening.

BTW... after leaving my computer on through out the night, in the morning i find this microsoft error message on the screen.

[highlight]"True Vector Internet Monior has encountered an error and needs to close, sorry for the inconvienece. would you like to send the error report to micrsoft?"[/highlight]

this has happened twice, the two times ive left my comp on since downloading zone alarm...
    True vector service is necessary to run Zone Alarm. It used to happen to me to, then I got rid of Zone Alarm. (I had a subscription to a better service with my ISP)

Bring your Internet zone levels down to medium. High should only be on the sites you don't trust, the restricted sites. The level high doesent solve anything for sites like Google and Computerhope....

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
      « Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 04:06:37 PM »
      alright, thanks for the suggestions.  :)