Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: win2000  (Read 4411 times)

WinAdmins

win2000
« on: July 29, 2006, 05:34:27 AM »
Hi ,

i m using win2000 in my PC from couple of yrs , i never had any problems but from couple of days i m gettg an error message - system disk error while booting// i checked  all the cables//i changed the connector between the HDD also and  i tried to reinstall the win2000//Disk cannot be formatted// i repartitioned the disk //after tht it is not formatting the Disk //any suggestions plzzz

Regards,
WinAdmins

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: win2000
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 06:15:41 AM »
    If you have already repartitioned the disk, I assume all the data is gone, and you want a fresh install? I'm not familular with the Win2000 installer but try deleting all partitions and creating a new one. What exactly does it say when you try to format? You could try putting the harddrive as a slave in another computer and formatting it that way.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:47:27 AM »
    You need to download and run the free diagnostics from the manufacturer's web site to make sure the hard drive is usable.

If that checks out OK, tell us what make and model, age, how you partitoned this hard drive and what else is on it. Have you monkey about inside the case, removed jumpers or anything like that? Any playing about in the BIOS?
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:48:07 AM by GX1_Man »

WinAdmins

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:57:15 AM »
    Hi,

i checked in the BIOS - it is detecting the HDD, no problem in that.The only problem is reoccuring while formatting the HDD using NTFS . i checked the jumper settings ,they are fine - no changes.

WinAdmins

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:59:41 AM »
      What exactly does it say when you try to format?

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 09:00:14 AM »
      You need to download and run the free diagnostics from the manufacturer's web site to make sure the hard drive is usable.

If that checks out OK, tell us what make and model, age, how you partitoned this hard drive and what else is on it. Have you monkeyed about inside the case, removed jumpers or anything like that? Any playing about in the BIOS?

We can go at this one question at a time but we don't have to.  ::)