Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MIXING RAM???????  (Read 9167 times)

GX1_Man

Re: MIXING RAM???????
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 01:15:54 PM »
- gigabyte [highlight]GA-8I8PE1000[/highlight]
-samsung 1gb pc3200 ddr 400mhz 184pin
-now the CL?? do u mean cas latency? cuz if you then its 3

now gx1_man...here you go http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=1 647 search is your friend.

Yeah, you posted a model number that does not exist. Searching does not help if you give incorrect information.  ::)

And do you have 128Meg x 64 on the chip?

And it is not ECC?

And the new one, if used by itself, it does not boot?

The good thing about crucial is reasonable prices, lifetime warranty and GUARANTEED compatibility. It certainly removes any of these surprises.

Where did you get this uber chip, and how did you come to select that, knowing it was a different speed from what you had? Sometimes this is a problem too.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:21:07 PM by GX1_Man »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 01:20:43 PM »
You still haven't provided a valid motherboard model #.  For crying out loud, what is it?

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »
Easy there, SB. He typed it wrong and got frustrated because I couldn't find it.  ::)

soybean

Genius
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 01:29:43 PM »
I admit I intended to ruffle his feathers a little.  You initially told him he had not provided a valid model # and you later reminded him, but he still has not responded to that point.  And, it is a cruical (no pun intended) bit of information that's missing here.

tvarmy04

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »
ok....lol im confused now  were u able to find the mobo? and no i didnt type it in wrong cuz that wat it is GIGABYTE GA-8IPE1000 http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=1647 and no im not frusterated (yet) lol

-wats ecc?
-no when i just put 1 of the new ones in it still doesnt boot
-(putting flame suit on) ok i got the ram off ebay...(go on talk yur ish lmao) but i did do the research b4 i bought the ram and it was fully compatible http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330009444795&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

soybean

Genius
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 01:35:48 PM »
In reply #4, you said, "well i have a gigaybyte GA-8I8PE1000 mobo".  Hmmm, are you saying GA-[highlight]8I8[/highlight]PE1000 = GA-[highlight]8I[/highlight]PE1000?  

GX1_Man

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
ok....lol im confused now  were u able to find the mobo? and no i didnt type it in wrong cuz that wat it is GIGABYTE GA-8IPE1000 http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=1647 and no im not frusterated (yet) lol

That link is to a Gigabyte [highlight]GA-8IPE1000 [/highlight]NOT an 818PE as you posted. Look up there. I am not going to argue with you about your mistake.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

-wats ecc?

If you don't know you probably should not be buying RAM.

-no when i just put 1 of the new ones in it still doesnt boot
-(putting flame suit on) ok i got the ram off ebay...(go on talk yur ish lmao) but i did do the research b4 i bought the ram and it was fully compatible http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330009444795&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

Then contact the seller.

...(go on talk yur ish lmao)

I don't understand your text messaging, and don't want to, but contact the seller and tell him exactly what you have told us. I would be interested in the response.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:39:27 PM by GX1_Man »

tvarmy04

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 01:53:27 PM »
geez guys your turning this waaay the other waay around lol all i wanted to know is why the memory i bought wasnt working... and yur makin it seem all bad...so my bad if i did somthin wrong just tryin to get a lil help. but yea i just looked at my mobo again, and yea i did a lil typo with adding that extra 8 lol mybad dont bite my head off. so the mobo is GA-8IPE1000 ..like i said my bad mistyped it. now the ecc question, dude it was a simply question i didnt know wat it was and i didnt think that i had to factor that in i was just matchin the charactersitscs on the ram and mobo, sorry. now when i said go talk your ish i jus thot that since i bought something off ebay you guys would start criticising me for it cuz i know all the other forums i frequent they look down on buying certain stuff off ebay. once again im sorry geez.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 02:25:25 PM »
    Ok, not to say I told you so, but there IS a reason people discourage buying things off ebay.

Try the ram in another computer if you are able to.

Otherwise I really don't know what you could do, the ram could just be faulty.

And it's NEIL.

tvarmy04

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
    my bad neil lol

tvarmy04

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »
    so umm can anyone still help me?

soybean

Genius
    « Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 06:36:59 PM »
    As GX1_MAN said, "contact the seller and tell him exactly what you have told us."

tvarmy04

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »
    ok i already sent him an email...but why cant you guys here help me...all i wanna know is did i or did i not buy the rite ram??

ThePenguin

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 09:03:36 PM »
    as long as they're both DDR, you SHOULD be able to mix speeds. I have one stick of 2100, one of 2700, and one of 3200 at the moment
    they all run at the speed of the "slowest" RAM, however.
    no harm in buying RAM too fast for your motherboard, except perhaps price. there CAN be harm from buying something like RAM on ebay :P

if you motherboard seems to beep in some sort of sequence, write it down and look up troubleshooting for that motherboard. most motherboards have error codes listed if you look hard enough.

ECC is an error-correcting system on some RAM... mostly for servers.

best action right now: try decoding and looking for your motherboard's error codes.
    then, see about the possibility of a refund.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 02:29:46 AM »
      If you have a fancy new motherboard like mine, sometimes there is an annoying order in which you must insert the ram in each slot based on their speed and size. Look in your manual.