Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Update Problems  (Read 5107 times)

Order

XP Update Problems
« on: September 08, 2004, 05:38:22 PM »
Hello,
On monday I installed an xp security udpate. Starting that day, I have not been able to open files without the computer freezing. I can also not delete files, even pics. Oh and I cant move them in other folders. I thought perhaps it was a virus, but the AVG scan comes up clean. Im not sure how to solve the problem.
Thanks for your time and for any help someone is willing to give.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: XP Update Problems
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
    Order......Well if your sure you have no viruses or pests ....click start/all programs /accessories/system tools/ then select system restore......and restore back to the day before you installed the update.......it should restore back to then and you will no longer have that update ...so your pc should no longer be freezing......if it is still acting up then it isnt the update and you should d/l it again. Was it a update for SP2 or SP1 ( do you have SP2 installed yet ) ?

let us know

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Order

Re: XP Update Problems
    « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 08:14:46 PM »
    Thank you very very much :D I did the System Restore and the pc is working fine ;D I believe it was the update, so Im not going to dare download it again.  I have SP2 installed.