Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no icons  (Read 4849 times)

Bryan P Bite

no icons
« on: September 09, 2004, 08:49:59 AM »
Help!..Was helping my father-in-law with a problem on his computer..It is a Packer-Bell...has Windows 95..He was having problems printing and was trying to re-install his printer with the Disk...However, it was actually the disk to restore his computer to the original factory settings...we canceled the process, but now when his computer signs on...it gets to the factory logo, but not the windows screen with the icons. Please tell me this can be fixed...He has lots and lots of geanology information he has researched over the years on his computer. Thanks for your help.

Raptor

Re: no icons
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 10:18:47 AM »
He should have created backups on a regular basis.

You can mount the harddrive in another computer and set it to Slave, copy the info and safely format the hard drive.

I donot think you can solve this problem without formatting, it may have been better not to cancel the progress.

Once you have made backups, you can still try to complete the process to see if it has any effect, if you wish.

Remember, make backups of (important) work on a regular basis.

But how you can confuse a recovery CD for a printer driver CD is beyond my understanding..   :)

merlin_2

Re: no icons
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 11:47:20 AM »