Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random Access Memory?  (Read 6434 times)

abagarcia

Random Access Memory?
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:24:10 PM »
How do I find out how much RAM my laptop has?  Its not reading my DVD's very well or playing them very well eather?  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Random Access Memory?
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 01:51:06 PM »
    abagarcia.......
    Its not reading my DVD's very well or playing them very well eather?  
      this is a rather contradictory statement ....... It either reads them or it doesn't and it either plays them or it doesn't ......perhaps you could explain exactly what you mean .
    How much ram is installed ...... well click Start/Contol panel/ System ........then click the General tab .......  you will see .........
    SYSTEM :........... bla , bla , bla

Registered to : bla , bla , bla

Computer :    the last part will show you how much ram is installed

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

abagarcia

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »
    I will try that....do you know how much RAM you need to be able to play a DVD?

johnchain

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:00:29 PM »
    To play a DVD you need a media player, it does not require much memory at all. Unless you really don't have much at all (< 256mb). If the DVD is playing slow there might be other issues on the computer.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:03:47 PM »
    I can play DVD's fine on a laptop with 128 meg RAM and Windows 98. XP however can be jerky with 256 or less if an onboard graphics adapter is used rather than a card with separate video memory.

How about sharing what you have and the specific problems? We can go from there.  ;)

divcraft

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 01:52:41 AM »
    128 mg. of RAM is enoff to play any DVD/CD on a laptop. Your Problem lies somewhere eles.  Most onboard Video Cards are hopeless. I suggest you buy a cheap video card. you can pick em up for $60.

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:56 AM »
      Div that might work if he was using a Desktop, but laptop's are not Easy to upgrade

I would check in Task manager to see home many Programs are using up you ram, you may find it simply because you have to many task's running
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »
      The laptop with 128 RAM that palys DVD's fine has an 8 meg. video adapter. That's really all you need with Win 98 or 2000. XP needs more. We will await the original poster's return. It's been 3 days so maybe he is coming back, maybe not.  ::)