Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LSA Shell Error  (Read 5801 times)

Rachel

LSA Shell Error
« on: September 10, 2004, 02:46:07 PM »
What does it mean when you get an error message that says "LSA Shell (Export Version) encountered a problem and needed to close."???

Raptor

Re: LSA Shell Error
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 02:57:22 PM »
When does this error occur? What operating system are you using? Can you tell what you have done in order to encounter this error?

Rachel

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 03:00:38 PM »
XP. I'm actually at work so it is not my pc. The computer just seems to shut down for no reason and then when you power it back on you get the error. I scanned for viruses with Symantec and no viruses were detected.

Raptor

Re: LSA Shell Erro
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:06:26 PM »
What Virus Scanner have you used?

I suggest you scan for Spyware as well.

Does this error show during boot up? Or does it show once you access Windows? Does everything continue to function normally?

I suggest you update Windows XP.

Read through this article and apply the resolution Microsoft provides you with to see if it helps you:

What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 03:08:36 PM by Raptor »

Rachel

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 03:11:37 PM »
I'm using the most updated version of symantec. The error comes up at boot up and everything else seems to run normal. I'm running updates now....I'll try the recommended Microsoft info too. Thanks!