Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with Plextor PX-716A DVD-RW Drive  (Read 8699 times)

IllinoisWayne

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Re: Trouble with Plextor PX-716A DVD-RW Drive
    « Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 08:18:13 PM »
    I removed the two Plexor drives and installed a new Sony DRU-820A drive today.  It recorded great, both data files and music using my NTI software and the resident Windows program.  I then installed one of the Plexor drives as the second drive and tried recording data files to it.  The NTI software said that it had been successful.  

I tried looking at the files on the CD, and there were none, but there was also 702 Meg of space available. I then took the CD from the Plextor drive and put it into the Sony drive, and it read all of the files perfectly.  So, it appears that both Plexor drives can write files, but cannot read them after.  But it can read files from CDs I created prior to the problems I had.

I had been converting cassette tape music to CDs when the problem started.  I would put a blank CD in each drive.  On one I would save the .wav files as data files.  Once that was finished, I would create a music CD on the other drive.  What made me suspect the drives were OK is that they both stopped working correctly at the same time.  Neither of the CDs worked when I tried to read the data (or play the audio CD).  Go figure......

I'm going to get a second Sony drive and replace the second Plextor drive, and I think that will solve this problem.  Anyhow, that is the way the story ends.  
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 08:18:59 PM by IllinoisWayne »