Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Add/Remove Windows Component Wizard Problem  (Read 9974 times)

JKO

The Add/Remove Windows Component Wizard Problem
« on: September 09, 2004, 02:31:18 PM »
Hello, whenever i click on the add or remove programs on the left side of a window under system tasks and then i click on Add/Remove Windows Components, a window comes up saying "Another copy of this setup program is running. please wait until the other setup is completed before attempting to run this program again" Except i dont have anything else running and i'm sure of that. I could access it before but now i can't. My O/S is Windows XP Service Pack 2. Anything to do with that maybe? Help please.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re:  The Add/Remove Windows Component Wizard
    « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 03:06:12 PM »
    JKO.....Try this ....click control panel / then select add/remove programs / list should appear then choose the one to remove and click "remove"
    let us know how you make out
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 03:10:22 PM »
    which program are you trying to add/remove?

JKO

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 03:29:24 PM »
    Wait wait wait. I'm not talking about the REMOVE/ADD PROGRAMS thing, i'm talking about the ADD/REMOVE WINDOWS COMPONENTS where u can delete or add things that came with windows when u installed it. i cant even get into it anymore. a message comes up sayin dat another setup like dat is already running, but theres nuthin running.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 04:34:56 PM »
      JKO.....exactly what is it your trying to remove ?

let me know

dl65  ???

JKO

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 05:03:55 PM »
      i'm not tryin to get rid of any program in particular, its just that i can't get into the part where i can get rid of the program, the Add/Remove Windows Components Wizard. The one where it says "Please Wait" when u enter it and again where u exit it. i might take out Windows messenger, but i dont want to take it out any other way.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 05:53:51 PM »
        JKO......If you go into control panel and look over on the left side ,you will see add/remove windows components.
        single left click on it and a window will open and you can view windows components available to be removed.....
        If you happen to double click on the link you will open two wizard windows ........just single click and it will work fine

let us know
        dl65  ???

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »
        I think the quest is trying to point out that he/she cannot open the entire add/remove Windows Menu menu at all.
        « Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 11:59:33 PM by Raptor »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 12:09:34 AM »
          Raptor.....Hi ..I read it that when he clicked on add/remove window components he got the message that there was another copy of the program running.....in XP2 if you double click there thats what happens........( at least it does on both my machines)
          I guess we'll have to wait for him / her to clarify .

cheers

dl65  ???

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 12:10:35 AM »
          Quite a few people make the mistake of double clicking where they only have to click once.
          « Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:10:59 AM by Raptor »

jonah

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 12:34:05 PM »
          Like ME!! My scroll wheel is set for double clicking. I tend to forget and click on that one, instead of the left click. You just have to be carefull, but, we all forget sometimes.  ;D My Bad, at times!

PS: I can't spell either.
          « Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:35:39 PM by jonah »

JKO

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 07:06:08 PM »
          Oh, i didnt double click, just once. and there were no other things running.

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2004, 06:21:45 AM »
          Does it still happen? What if you install additional components from the Windows CD?
          « Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 06:22:09 AM by Raptor »

JKO

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2004, 08:58:38 AM »
          Yea, i put in the XP cd and when i click on the Add Additional Components or somethin like dat, da window still appears sayin that there is already another window of this setup open. but if that is so, then the other setup window would have been up already if i double clicked, which it isnt.