Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: photoshop question  (Read 6020 times)

shelly clinton

photoshop question
« on: September 11, 2004, 02:36:40 PM »
I have a photo that I am trying to keep the tractor red and everything else black and white.  I am looking for the easiest and most effiecient way of completing this project.  ;D
smile it makes people wonder what U are up to!

Corrosive

Re: photoshop question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 01:13:23 PM »
Not wonderfully with Photoshop (I use Paint Shop Pro) but they do pretty much the same thing in pretty much the same way.

Anyway, all you really need to do is to select the tractor as accurately as humanly possible (there is various methods; I'm assuming you know one or two ways), then invert the selection (normally under Select > Invert).

This selects everything in the image, apart from this tractor. All you need to do then is to hit the greyscale menu option and Robert's your auntie's husband.

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 07:43:04 AM »
Robert's your auntie's husband.

I love that!  Hope you don't mind if I use it.

Alan Cox

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 07:02:37 AM »
Make image three files, all psd (PS Document). Use one as a spare. Convert one to grayscale. From the open color file, duplicate layers. Drag one color layer to the B&W document. Use lasso or eraser to eliminate unwanted stuff. Save often.

Then save the modified pix to whatever file you want.