Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word > Adobe  (Read 2667 times)

JustTheTone

Word > Adobe
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:52:46 PM »
I have to create a form for my company to use with Adobe. I have created a Word Doc with for fields but the issue I'm having is locking the permanent information into place.

Customer Name:        "Form Field Here"            Reported By:   "Form Field Here"                                                   
Model:                       "Form Field Here"                        Reviewed By:   "Form Field Here"        

Problem Description:   "Form Field Here"                   

Feedback Date:           "Form Field Here"                             

What I can't figure out is how to type in a form field area such as Customer Name: without having Reported By moving with every character. I have tried inserting text boxes and it screws up the paragraph formatting of the rest of the fields. There has got to be an easier way to do this besides doing it all manually field by field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JustTheTone

Re: Word > Adobe
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »
nevermind...after playing with it for 6 hours today I got it. ah well, at least I got paid for it. next to work on is converting it to .pdf and praying that the form fields I put in will convert as well.

JustTheTone

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »
If I had bothered to read further in the forums I would have noted that the form fields do not convert from Word to Adobe. How now do I go about putting form fields in the stupid thing so that people can fill it out?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »
I'll bet that info can be found in Adobe Acrobat's Help.

JustTheTone

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 06:09:41 AM »
One would hope that would be the case...sadly it is not, at least not that I can find or understand anyway...does anyone have any more USEFUL information?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:16:34 AM »
Acrobat Pro comes with Adobe Designer.  That's what you should use to create your forms.  It's a little tricky to get to grips with at first, but it's much better for your purposes.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Michael

Adviser
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 07:47:51 AM »
    What about using an Excel sheet?
    Recently I've just created a template for quotation purpose, where the user can choose the field entry from the drop down list (data validation).