Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Access to MS Outlook Calendar entry datestamp?  (Read 2670 times)

hopeful1

Access to MS Outlook Calendar entry datestamp?
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:32:07 AM »
MS Outlook 2002 Calendar Query.  Is there a way of accessing the date/time when Calendar appointment entries are made or changed?  I wish to determine if original entries have been subsequently modified (and thus may have a later than expected date/timestamp).  My computer skills are limited but I am aware that some other programs like MS Word do save files with this time information.  However, I have no idea where to start regarding my query.  I suspect it is not possible but I can hope!  Thanks for any clarification.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Access to MS Outlook Calendar entry datestamp?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 12:04:16 AM »
Outlook does track modification times - you can use Visual Basic to access the "date modified" field.  You might get help with this from someone in the programming forum.  Alternatively, you can modify the forms that display calendar entries.  Tools-->Forms-->Design this form.  You can then put a control on the form that displays the date modified field.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 12:06:59 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

hopeful1

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 06:02:39 AM »
Many thanks for your comments.  I'm not really familiar with Visual Basic to try your suggestion to access date created or modified fields but I have delved further into the program looking at form design along the alternative route you indicated.  However, it would appear that the original form design employed by Outlook by default does not capture the two wanted fields so that examining existing Calendar entries (if I could) would probably not yield the required information.  I've tried looking at the .pst file using simple text program but it is a mass of meaningless (to me) characters.  Once again, thanks for responding.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 06:46:52 AM »
No no, the modification times are added to the calendar entries whether or not the control is visible on the calendar form.  In fact, if you put such a control on the form, you should really make it read-only and leave it to Outlook to decide when and how to change the field's contents.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos