Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "The Data is Invalid",can't install drivers at all  (Read 7309 times)

Bkid

"The Data is Invalid",can't install drivers at all
« on: September 25, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »
Maybe this is for everything, but I've tried installing drivers for my PS2 Eyetoy a few months ago and it said "The Data is Invalid". Now, a few months later I get this PC Webcam thing, and I try installing the drivers for it. Guess what? The data is invalid again. What is this error, and how can I get rid of it so I can install drivers again?

Also, in Device Manager I can't uninstall the device. It will say "Failed to uninstall device. This device may be need to boot up the computer." IT'S JUST A CAMERA...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:51:25 PM by Bkid »

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: "The Data is Invalid",can't install drivers at
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »
Have you tried to uninstall by booting in safemode? :-?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 04:32:27 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Bkid

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »
Have you tried to uninstall by booting in safemode? :-?

If I remember correctly from a few months ago, it wouldn't even let me uninstall in safe mode, but this time I got it to work correctly using it's Installer. Like how many programs, if you click the Installer after installing, will ask if you want to Remove, Repair, or whatever else. So it's uninstalled now. But like I said, if I try to reinsall it again, it will just give me the same error..

NEVERMIND I FIXED IT. I just had to uninstall XP Service Pack 2 to install the drivers. Reinstalling SP2 now.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:46:55 PM by Bkid »

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 03:13:59 AM »
 :-?

That's not right.

Scan for Viruses and Spyware.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 04:49:49 AM »
:-?

That's not right.

Scan for Viruses and Spyware.

Listen to Raptor or he'll shoot you!!He is way past the Charles Bronson

stage now.

Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.