Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange error in Doom II for Windows 95  (Read 5578 times)

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
    Strange error in Doom II for Windows 95
    « on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
    Is there any way to fix this error?  I noticed that in Doom II for Windows 95 (using the Doom95 port of Doom and Doom II), if you type in "IDMUS00" when playing a game, the game boots out to Windows and gives out the following error message:  "I Error Says: W_GetNumForName: d_introa not found!"  Would there be any way to fix this error?  Typing in "IDMUS00" is supposed to make a piece of music play that is supposed to be an alternate intro midi.  If "IDMUS00" is typed in Ultimate Doom or Doom 1 however, I get "I Error Says: Bad Music Number -9".  At least I found a replacement copy of Doomlnch.dll that allows Doom95 to record demos.  At least I won't see the message "I Error Says: W_CacheLumpNum <enter number here>=NumLumps" any more.
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:20:14 PM by DarthMaul »

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      Re: Strange error in Doom II for Windows 95
      « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:15:20 AM »
      Double check your sources.

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 09:22:58 AM »
        Are you sure?  I recently did that, and Doom95 does that no matter which operating system it is on.  The problem with most of the errors lies in the Doom.wad and Doom2.wad files.  Same thing with TNT.wad and Plutonia.wad.  Those errors do not occur during normal gameplay, because you have to manually type something in the game to cause them.  I generally avoid typing "IDMUS00" if I'm playing any Doom game in that program or any other Doom game.  At least I have Deepsea.  Maybe I can insert d_introa into the .wad and fix the issue.  It's worth an attempt, wouldn't you say?

EDIT:  If you want to reply, go ahead, but I think there's no fix for this problem.  Appearantly, d_introa.mus played when I typed "IDMUS45" in Doom 1.  "IDMUS00" apparantly is supposed to do nothing but produce a message that says "Impossible Selection".
        « Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:29:24 AM by DarthMaul »

Neil

Expert
        • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
          « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:47 PM »
          Your problem is far too specalist for us to answer it :P

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:53:58 PM »
            I would suggest that this topic be locked.  There is no answer to this problem, as I found out.

lil_falco

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:51:25 PM »
            Get a new folder of the audio files. Its propably non-exsistent.