Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new look for computerhope.com  (Read 13206 times)

Raptor

Re: new look for computerhope.com
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 12:01:47 AM »
Yes, and I thought a spyware company had taken over. It's bloody horrible.
Thats the Ticket!

I liked the old one, but time will pass, and I shall adjust.

(I'm starting to like [highlight]this newbie[/highlight], now I have two people agreeing with me about Macs and their queer keyboards and single button mouses)

I know that CH has been planning on changing their site for a LONG time, but they needed to find something that fit well.

Noooo... Nathan I want my 10.000 posts back!  :-[

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 06:05:37 AM »
    I told you so, Raptor ::)

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 08:09:54 AM »
      im confused.. so raptor was an old member and he quick and now just rejoined?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 10:06:06 AM »
      Yeh, I'm curious about this, too.

GX1_Man

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 10:38:11 AM »
      Heh,
      It changes banner images when you refreash the page... (intresting)

Constantly changing advertisements is not a big draw for me.  ::) ::) ::)

If it were, I would just google for "stuff I do not want want or need".

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »
        Heh,
        It changes banner images when you refreash the page... (intresting)

Constantly changing advertisements is not a big draw for me.  ::) ::) ::)

If it were, I would just google for "stuff I do not want want or need".

lol

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »

I was here before the great end-time, when Merlin the wizard took up the fight with the great and evil moderator Nathan the slayer and Merlin was beaten back because his Windows ME software couldn't handle it. Oh, well he reincarnated a few times but he kept losing and eventually he was banned from the virtual realm forever. Now I go around spreading the one true word of Merlin. Well, actually, it were several worlds, but those are just details only good for storytelling. Oh yeah, after that it went real bad. The forum turned into something really ugly and nearly burned out everyone's eyes and now the website has suffered too. See, without Merlin the wise the balance is lost. Yup. Sure is.

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 11:26:52 AM »
          what where those words of wisdom and balance

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 11:38:16 AM »

I was here before the great end-time, when Merlin the wizard took up the fight with the great and evil moderator Nathan the slayer and Merlin was beaten back because his Windows ME software couldn't handle it. Oh, well he reincarnated a few times but he kept losing and eventually he was banned from the virtual realm forever. Now I go around spreading the one true word of Merlin. Well, actually, it were several worlds, but those are just details only good for storytelling. Oh yeah, after that it went real bad. The forum turned into something really ugly and nearly burned out everyone's eyes and now the website has suffered too. See, without Merlin the wise the balance is lost. Yup. Sure is.
          I gather this all took place prior to 2006, since I joined in Jan 2006 and don't recall any such activity.  So, anyway, you're back and you're just posting like crazy.  I clicked on your username and saw 101 posts since joining just, uh ..., yesterday.   At that rate, you'll have about 36,865 posts in one year.  Is that your goal?

Raptor

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »
          what where those words of wisdom and balance

You weren't supposed to ask that because no one could understand him. When everybody was thinking in 4D, Merlin was thinking in 5D. Either that or he was on some serious acid.

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
            oh i kinda wish i could have meet him.

what was his specitity here?
            « Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:42:07 AM by unlovedwarrior »

Raptor

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »

I gather this all took place prior to 2006, since I joined in Jan 2006 and don't recall any such activity.  So, anyway, you're back and you're just posting like crazy.  I clicked on your username and saw 101 posts since joining just, uh ..., yesterday.   At that rate, you'll have about 36,865 posts in one year.  Is that your goal?

No, not quite. I just open everything that says "New" in a tab and if I've got an answer of some kind I will post it.

Besides, I haven't got much of a social life so Fed, Dx_1Man, Neil and the others who still know me are like family to me! I love those guys.  :'(

Raptor

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
            oh i kinda wish i could have meet him.

what was his specitity here?

With specked titties I suppose you mean speciality; well, he was good at telling people to reformat their Hard Disk Drives when they couldn't open Outlook Express.

Or take the computer and shove it out the Window if they couldn't press a certain key combination.

His rhetoric about Windows ME was quite amusing as well, you could probably still find some if you used the search function. Although that is pretty buggered up I noticed.

unlovedwarrior

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »
              oh. that sound like fun

Raptor

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 11:54:56 AM »
              Somehow you can't search by user anymore. This new forum is buggy, I really liked the old one better. Well, apart from the crashes it had but I was able to live with that..