Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "IRQ_not_less_or_equal"  (Read 52364 times)

Dead_reckon

Re: "IRQ_not_less_or_equal"
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 11:19:44 AM »
I see your motherboard has built-in video.  Did you disable it in the BIOS when you installed your AGP card?  I gather it would appear in Device Manager as "Real ...", not as ATI Radeon, so apparently, the built-in video is not a factor in your Device Manager showing two Display Adapters.  As I said in my previous post, I'm not entirely in agreement with the notion that you should see two display adapters listed under Display Adapters.  Perhaps this depends on the make of video card.  

trust me, i have disabled it before, it shuts off the second monitor. i know its weird, but my so is the rest of my PC.

(view previous page for latest screenshots)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 11:20:22 AM by Dead_reckon »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 11:23:46 AM »

trust me, i have disabled it before, it shuts off the second monitor. i know its weird, but my so is the rest of my PC.

So, it's not disabled?  Is that because you have one monitor connected to it and the other one to your video card?

Raptor

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »
Why do you have 2 display adaptors listed in your device manager?

Two ports on one videocard.
That may be true with some video cards, I guess, but it's not true for all video cards.  I have a GeForce4 Ti4200 (AGP) with two ports and two monitors attached to it and my Device Manager only shows one Display Adapter.  I have had a PCI video card installed in the same computer, along with the AGP card, and then Device Manager will show two display adaptors, representing the two cards.

Your videocard may have two ports (DVI + VGA, user-selectable.) , but it might not support two monitors.

Dead_Reckon, do you have a TV card or any reason why you would have such drivers?

You really need to clean up your device manager, install drivers for the unrecognized devices or remove them.

You can re-enable the Printer and Com ports, etc in the BIOS they have fixed IRQ's (Correct me if I am wrong there)

Leave the Non-essential drivers alone, they might be related to programs that aren't currently running but could be needed by you in the future.

Leave the RAS-SYNC adaptor as well. It is not relevant.

The rest you can remove; but when in doubt, ask first. If still in doubt, leave it there.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:56 PM »
As I said, "I have a GeForce4 Ti4200 (AGP) with two ports and [highlight]two monitors[/highlight] attached to it and my Device Manager only shows one Display Adapter."  

Raptor

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 12:58:54 PM »
As I said, "I have a GeForce4 Ti4200 (AGP) with two ports and [highlight]two monitors[/highlight] attached to it and my Device Manager only shows one Display Adapter."  

Seem to be ATI drivers that do that, my Nvidia card hasn't got dual entries either.

If you remove one, you remove the other one as well from what I recall.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:59:22 PM by Raptor »

Dead_reckon

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 02:00:05 PM »
ok, i will make this as simple as possible... my card has a D-sub, DVI and s-video output, it can ONLY display two monitors, and it shows BOTH of the ports being used on the device manager.

[link]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102410[/link]

well, apparently my problem will be solved in a couple of weeks, i know somone who works for microsoft, microsoft upgrades there computers MONTHLY, and throws out the "old" ones, i am getting a harldly used HP with a gig of ram, 3.0 ghz dual core CPU with 2mb of cache, dvd burner w/ dual layer and lightscribe tech. wireless keyboard, mouse, speakers, and a web cam. also a printer, scanner, and god knows what software. its all worth about 2 or 3 grand. im not paying a thing for it, i am saving it from the dump.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:23:55 PM by Dead_reckon »

soybean

Genius
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 02:34:16 PM »
Wow!  What luck, getting that computer that Microsoft is getting rid of.  

I understand your point about two display adapters shown in your Device Manager.  Do you understand that I was questioning that because I also have two monitors connected to one card and my Device Manager shows one display adapter?  Apparently, as Raptor said, this is a difference between ATI and nVidia cards and drivers.  Here's my Device Manager.  Although it shows 4 monitors, I actually have two; Windows insists on putting 4 in there.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:35:45 PM by soybean »

Dead_reckon

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 02:40:54 PM »
for once, microsoft IS paying for the greif they have caused (including shipping). i will send pics of it when i get it.

the reason why it shows 4 is because windows probably realized they where plug and play, identified them, then thought the default monitors where still there
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:42:15 PM by Dead_reckon »

Fed

• Sage
    « Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »
    I wonder if a Windows Update will trigger a visit from the Microsoft Police :D

Dead_reckon

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006, 09:34:02 AM »
    seriously, i do need help with this, it wont be another couple of weeks before it is shipped. and the problem is getting worse i just got an error that said

"page fault in non paged area"

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 10:00:35 AM »
    Try going back to the Stone Age and use only one monitor...does this eliminate the error messages ? ?

patio.   8-)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dead_reckon

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2006, 05:37:56 PM »
    Try going back to the Stone Age and use only one monitor...does this eliminate the error messages ? ?

patio.   8-)

no, it doesnt help,  have even downgraded to the old Nvidia mx4000 64mb 64 bit card. still the same crap, its my motherboard. the nvidia is a PCI card, uses differant reasources
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:40:30 PM by Dead_reckon »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 07:47:31 PM »
    Throw that machine in the nearest dumpster you can find minus the vid cards...buy a new machine with a shiny new MS CD included...re-install those vid cards and their appropriate drivers and post back.

patio.  8-)

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 08:21:29 PM »
      My MSI motherboard >:( caused me to own 2 computers, the second one I built from parts I purchased to swap out until I found the problem was MSI.
      I still have the MSI in my work computer, it just locks every now & then. >:(

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »
      My MSI motherboard >:( caused me to own 2 computers, the second one I built from parts I purchased to swap out until I found the problem was MSI.
      I still have the MSI in my work computer, it just locks every now & then. >:(

Which is exactly why that MSI would have been in the dumpster by now if it were me.