Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with cpu  (Read 1744 times)

sherin_ivy

Problem with cpu
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:22:52 AM »
Hi,
     My machine is dead. When i switch on the cpu led glows and the monitor led blinks. No beep sounds. I could not find any display in the monitor, even the post or bios. After 10 seconds the cpu gets switched off automatically. I thought the problem would be with the monitor and i swapped my monitor and connected to my neighbour's cpu, it worked fine. So obviously there is some problem with the cpu. I couldnt troubleshoot further. Can anyone help me please.

GX1_Man

Re: Problem with cpu
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:24:54 AM »
The CPU is the processor, not the whole tower. The problem is somewhere in the tower. The most likely suspects are: bad power supply unit, bad motherboard or failed procesor, in that order.

What are the specifics of the machine, make and model, processor, na,e and wattage on the power supply unit itself, how old etc.

RankenTech

Beginner
  • sexay computer nerd
    Re: Problem with cpu
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:02:40 AM »
    Hi,
         When i switch on the cpu led glows and the monitor led blinks. No beep sounds.  After 10 seconds the cpu gets switched off automatically.

Possibly a heat or power supply problem, but it's just a guess not knowing any specs of your system. Is your system feeling hot at all? Is it dusty? Also, have you changed any hardware recently? Please post more specs.
    A+
    MCP
    CCNA