Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Websites of pedophilic nature  (Read 37862 times)

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Websites of pedophilic nature
    « Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 12:20:21 PM »
    most of them are sick in the head

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 04:04:47 PM »
    Yes, offenses against children are particularly repugnant, but where does one draw the line?  And how can one be sure of the evidence?

Lets not get into too much detail here, but the idea of "killing all the paedophiles" is just as fanciful as the idea of "reforming all the paedophiles".

And it disturbs me that there is a hint that in castigating others, we somehow affirm our moral superiority, when in fact this is not the case.  We all live in the same world, and so many of us turn away from the good that we could do instead to pursue our own pleasure.

Hmm... a philosophical mood has taken me...
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 05:35:23 PM »
    "Yes, offenses against children are particularly repugnant, but where does one draw the line?"

Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »
      Hanging is cruel and unusual. And I'm not sure that capital punishment is appropriate. (I should hasten to point out that I am in favor of the death penalty for serious offenses, such as murder and treason.) Life in prison, more like it.
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 10:14:36 PM »
        no cuz then they will be draining the tax payers money

Raptor

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 12:02:04 AM »
        Hanging is cruel and unusual. And I'm not sure that capital punishment is appropriate. (I should hasten to point out that I am in favor of the death penalty for serious offenses, such as murder and treason.) Life in prison, more like it.

You would favour a life sentence over a death sentence? Deriving someone of his freedom for 80 years is okay, but putting him out of his misery can't be done?

Hanging is cruel and unusual.

So are child rapists.

And I'm not sure that capital punishment is appropriate.

When do you think it is appropriate?

Lets not get into too much detail here, but the idea of "killing all the paedophiles" is just as fanciful as the idea of "reforming all the paedophiles".

The former is effective, the latter is a joke.

There are pedophiles who can restrain themselves, though. So all is nonsense.

And it disturbs me that there is a hint that in castigating others, we somehow affirm our moral superiority, when in fact this is not the case.  We all live in the same world, and so many of us turn away from the good that we could do instead to pursue our own pleasure.

Moral superiority? More like social safety.

Are you saying there should be no justice for a father and a mother when their child is abused or even killed? Should we just continue to happenly pretend the poor man/woman who did it is sick in the head and needs all the care he can get?

Trying to heal something so wicked isn't compassion, but a breeding ground for iniquity if you ask me. Showing compassion would mean putting them out of their misery, not prolong it.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• Obituary
        « Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 04:07:33 AM »
        The below is true:

43 years ago when I was 12 years old. I was riding the bus downtown and back.

I sat by the window.A man sat beside me when he got on the bus and immediately rubbed my leg.

I stood up and shouted,"Get yore damned hand off me!"

The bus driver stopped, pulled out a 38 pointed it at the man, and said"Get yore *censored* off the bus now!

Ahhh,The good old days.When you could relax and be a youth.

Can't you just hear the Andy Griffith theme right now?
        « Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:14:48 AM by street1 »
        Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Neil

Expert
        • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
          « Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 04:38:55 AM »
          I think prisoners should be forced to do labour. Not demeaning and inhumane labour, but they should definately do some to pay for their way. Some people reoffend because prison is cushier than the outside world. If they made it less hospitalable, people might think twice before offending again. And if they didn't, at least something useful would come out of their lives.

I also think *censored* offenders should be castrated to make it harder for them to offend again. I mean if you can't be trusted with it, lose it.
          « Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:40:25 AM by Neil »

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• Obituary
          « Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 05:14:22 AM »
          As long as you castrate them at the neck. :-?

Let the victim, or the parents ,or guardian choose the punishment.

You can't spend enough money to educate an idiot so, the reform
          scheme works as good as the education system.

IT DON'T!

I am not talking about any of you fine people at Computerhope.

Most of you use what God gave you and do a fine job.

Note:If the word God bothers you substitute nature.

God made nature beautiful too.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 05:21:09 AM by street1 »

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
            « Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 07:12:25 AM »
            A few months ago there was a program on BBC about child abuse online and they said FBI is always on track and even they have their own fake child abuse content sites, on which they automatically record the IP address of the visitor and put eye on for his/ her further actions. So be careful, even though you do it because of curiousity or for informaton. ;)
            Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

Raptor

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »
            I think prisoners should be forced to do labour. Not demeaning and inhumane labour, but they should definately do some to pay for their way. Some people reoffend because prison is cushier than the outside world. If they made it less hospitalable, people might think twice before offending again. And if they didn't, at least something useful would come out of their lives.

I also think *censored* offenders should be castrated to make it harder for them to offend again. I mean if you can't be trusted with it, lose it.

I have never been in favour of slavery or forced castration . Do such a thing you and you own and control someone's life, with capital punishment you have the offender pay for his/her toll. The latter is swift and just, the former unethical and tyrannical. There is no justice to be found for anyone in castration or forced labour.. Just like experimenting on prisoners is illegal.

A few months ago there was a program on BBC about child abuse online and they said FBI is always on track and even they have their own fake child abuse content sites, on which they automatically record the IP address of the visitor and put eye on for his/ her further actions. So be careful, even though you do it because of curiousity or for informaton.

Isn't that called the carnivore program?

Let the victim, or the parents ,or guardian choose the punishment.

Somehow I don't think that'd be right; it would allow for one rapist to go to jail for a few years whilst another one would be punished with something more severe.

You can't spend enough money to educate an idiot so, the reform
            scheme works as good as the education system.

IT DON'T!

He's got a point there.  ;D

Neil

Expert
            • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
              « Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 11:00:06 AM »
              If a vandal causes £xxxx amount of damage, they should have to work to repay that debt!

unlovedwarrior

Guru

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 11:04:29 AM »
                raptor i feel the same for some of what you said.. i think they should do some labour as a choice. so they can do labour or sit in a cell all day i dont think it should really be forced.. i dont think castration would do anything but make them try harder and more often. and your catching up to me in post you need t ocalm down.

jk keep up the good work

unlovedwarrior

soybean

Genius
                • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »

A few months ago there was a program on BBC about child abuse online and they said FBI is always on track and even they have their own fake child abuse content sites, on which they automatically record the IP address of the visitor and put eye on for his/ her further actions. So be careful, even though you do it because of curiousity or for informaton.

Isn't that called the carnivore program?
                :-?  No, I think it's called effective law enforcement.

Raptor

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 01:40:11 PM »
                If a vandal causes £xxxx amount of damage, they should have to work to repay that debt!

We weren't talking about vandals.  :P