Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: We switched ISP's and now having Exchange issues  (Read 4285 times)

trnicho77

Re: We switched ISP's and now having Exchange issu
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 03:04:03 PM »
Well Rob, I started to follow your last bit of advice and decided to take a look at the configuration of the router in the Kansas City office.  Someone questioned me and said "That router is brand new, there shouldn't be anything wrong with the router."  Well duh, I know its new, I bought it (light bulb went on over my head)  I took one of our laptops and connected it directly to the internet, bypassing the router, with the router static IP configured in the TCP/IP properties of the laptop.  And guess what....  Outlook worked just the way it was supposed to.  I was able to sign on instantaneously.  So I did a complete reset/reconfiguration of the router and now nobody is having any problems.  Easy fix hey?  It would have been even nicer if I would have thought about this before going through all of this.  Thanks again to everyone that put in their two cents worth.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 03:12:36 PM »
I missed something before:

They do not have a firewall ... at their office.
I missed smacking myself on the head loudly.

Take your IT guy outside now and shoot him.  It would be a kindness.  If the IT guy is you well sorry, those are the breaks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 03:13:26 PM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

trnicho77

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »
I'm not the IT person for that location Rob and yes I've already made a head shaped dent in one of the walls at that office over the firewall issue.  You know that saying about leading a horse to water....

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 03:33:37 PM »
Seriously, he should be fired on the spot.  From a cannon.  There's absolutely no excuse for that negligence.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    « Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 12:19:46 AM »
    Seriously, he should be fired on the spot.  From a cannon.  There's absolutely no excuse for that negligence.

very much so fire thee cannon with the idiot as the ammo

my i do the honor..
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:21:43 AM by unlovedwarrior »