Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2002 issue  (Read 2760 times)

BitesYerLegs

Outlook 2002 issue
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:22:55 AM »
I am currently experiencing a problem with the way new mail is hitting my inbox. Mail is received via an Exchange 2003 server. New incoming mail won't appear automatically in my inbox. In order for it to appear some other action in Outlook needs to take place first, such as clicking on another folder in the folder view, a toolbar button or even something as stupid as merely moving the scroll wheel on my mouse.

I have tried setting an automatic send / receive to occur every two minutes, I have deleted and recreated the Outlook profile in the mail applet in control panel and  even re-installed Office XP Pro. None of these steps worked.

Help! :-?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Outlook 2002 issue
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:40:41 AM »
The send/recieve command might be too short. Try setting it at 10 minutes or so...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BitesYerLegs

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I probably haven't explained the problem very well. For other users in my office (who are also all using Outlook 2002) mail (particularly internal email) will show up in their inbox a short time after sending. These users do not have automatic send/receive enabled. This is just a step I tried because I was short on ideas.

I also tested the auto send receive function on its default setting of five minutes to no avail. All i want is for my newly received emails to show up in my inbox without having to manually provoke them, as it were.

Sorry if this doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:37:27 PM »
I suspect you have a problem with the MAPI subsystem.  This could be caused by many different things.  Has this ever worked correctly for you?  If so, can you go back to a restore point when everything was hunkydory?  If not, you may wish to consider a repair installation of Windows.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos