Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loading Operating System on Twin Computer  (Read 3393 times)

Zo

Loading Operating System on Twin Computer
« on: October 17, 2006, 08:03:14 AM »
Does anyone have any idea how to correctly load the operting system on the duet computer...one tower that runs two keyboards, two mice, two monitors, doing separate operations.  I have all the CDs, O/S, motherboard, and twin software, but no instructions.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Loading Operating System on Twin Computer
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:07:56 AM »
One OS cannot be ran on 2 machines simultaenously...what are you trying to accomplish ? ?

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:10:39 AM »
"The duet computer"?

:-?

Zo

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:26:33 AM »
Actually, it is called a "Magic Twin".  It has one hard drive.  I don't understand how it works, but it does.  One school in our district purchased some for their computer lab, so our school purchased 10 (for 20 workstations at a little more than half the cost).  If you do a search on google, you can find out more, but I have not been able to find out more about loading the operating system or trouble shooting issues.  They apparently are unable to handle the Windows automatic updates.  One came up with the "blue screen"...beginning dump of physical memory.  So I thought I would do a repair.  It is too different...Technical support is $75 an hour.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
I haven't got a clue, but I think it would be best to first buy one computer when a new scheme is involved and test it. Now you're stuck with 10 PC's and very expensive technical support.

Which is strange, considering you're still under warranty?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 10:51:10 AM »
More Info

Interesting...But it looks like it definitely needs their Software to make WinXP work properly...i'm assuming it needs to be re-installed as well as the OS.

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "