Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Both my CD/DVD Drives do not function  (Read 1926 times)

gbaum

Both my CD/DVD Drives do not function
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »
Greetings,
Both my CD/DVD Drives do not function. (Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-M1802 and Plextor DVDR PX-708A)  They have power to them and open and close without any problems. I was making several CDRs and the recording software (roxio)  seemed to run slower and slower until it finally stopped.

I noticed that the two CD/DVD drives did not show it in My Computer so I went to Device manager and noticed that both drivers had yellow checks on them. I deleted both of them from Device manager and did a restart to try to reload drivers but nothing happened when the computer restarted.
I tried Add New Hardware and selected my two drives and I got a message that the drivers were corrupt

At this point I decided I should go to the Toshiba and Plextor web site. The Toshiba did not contain any drivers for my unit and the Plextor web site did not contain any driver either. According to Plextor the drivers not needed because they were part of windows.

I found drivers on this site and when I tried to install them I got a message that the Hardward can not be found.

I am using XP Pro

Thanks

Gary

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Both my CD/DVD Drives do not function
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:56:22 AM »
I would try replacing that IDE cable and introduce one drive at a time...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "