Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Outlook: problems with attachments  (Read 7065 times)

Shapo04

MS Outlook: problems with attachments
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:36:15 AM »
Please, I need help with MS Outlook:

The problem happens when I try to send any message with a just heavy attachment (letīs say + 200K). No problem exists when the messages do not have attachments.

Normally, after a few seconds, the outgoing tray becomes empty once the message has been sent. In my case, instead of that, a sending error warning appears below at the screen and a window comes up with a text like this:

“The task of sending [email protected] has notified the error 0x8004210B. The operation has exhausted the time by waiting for a response from the SMTP outgoing server”

Meanwhile, the message still keeps into the outgoing tray and it never pass to the sent messages tray. It seems like the message has never gone out. But,… in spite of that, the message was sent out!! The addressee effectively receives it. This matter makes me confused and the worst is there is no certainty if the messages were sent or not.

I tried with re-installing the MS Outlook, and nothing happened. Then I reinstalled the Windows XP SP2 and the Office 2003, and nothing. Similar problem occurs when I use the Outlook Express. I have another PC in the network, with the same MS Outlook accounts, and I do not have this problem with the emails.

I also tried by disabling the antivirus (Bit defender) and/or the zone-alarm, but the problem remains.

Sincerely, I donīt know what else to do. I hope you can give me a clue. Thank you very much :-/.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!