Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Explorer Windows  (Read 2886 times)

SillyLilRose

Explorer Windows
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:02:16 AM »
I have windows XP with security Pack 2. My Internet Explorer will NOT open multiple windows. I have read previous posts on this & tried every tip possible....including going to TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS- ADVANCE TAB & unchecking "reuse windows for launching short cuts". Any more suggestions?

Raptor

Re: Explorer Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »
Yes, ditch Internet Explorer and get Firefox

SillyLilRose

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:45:35 PM »
I've thought about FireFox however. I have been told that certain websites do not support the Firefox web browser. Was also thinking about downloading the new IE 7 . Any comments on either?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 01:25:35 PM »
Just do a google for IE7 problems and you'll get lot's of reactions on it...

I have yet to see a page that won't load properly in FireFox...the ones that don't i probably have no use for anyways.

You will however still need IE for Windows updates since Gates is still such a control freak.

patiop.  8-)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:26:00 PM by patio »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:13:39 PM »
I've thought about FireFox however. I have been told that certain websites do not support the Firefox web browser. Was also thinking about downloading the new IE 7 . Any comments on either?

Internet Explorer does not adhere to certain standards, therefore certain poorly written pages will display in Internet Explorer but will not look as good in Firefox.

These webpages are often made by amateurs with tunnelvision when it comes to cross-browser compatability. You won't encounter many of them, I haven't seen any at all now that Firefox has gained widespread fame.