Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Looking for New Video Card Suggestions  (Read 3233 times)

briapes

Looking for New Video Card Suggestions
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:21:59 AM »
I'm looking for a Video card that I can copy my VHS tapes from my VCR to my computer and then Burn them to a cd or dvd. I need to know if I would need special software and what type of media I would need I.E: RD-R, CD+R, ETC.. I would also like to get the most out of the video card to be able to view my computer screen on my TV and to receive tv input station to view tv shows on my computer. Also if at all possible to record tv shows and to later burn them to cd media.

Can anyone help with this one???

Fuzz_64

Re: Looking for New Video Card Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 10:56:17 AM »
Your best bet is to get one of the following.

ATI AIW (all in wonder) video card
TV Tuner Card
Video Capture Card

A video capture card does just like it sounds... it will allow you to view video on your computer.  They often come with the needed software to record the video you want.

A TV tuner card is essentially the same, but it also has a TV tuner built into it, so you can watch TV on your computer.

An ATI AIW card will allow you to do both of the things above, and usually have a video out plug on them which will hook up to your TV, VCR, other monitors, etc etc.  While this does more than the other 2, they're often more expensive as well.  The reason is you also get a better videocard to play games on.

To put all of this onto CD or DVD, you would either need a CD or DVD burner.

If you are interested in any of the above items, I can hook you up with the ones you need as I run a small computer business in Ontario. (we ship worldwide..)

briapes

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 12:46:36 PM »

wrathchild_67

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 07:17:02 PM »
You won't be doing any transferring if the VHS tapes are copyrighted. All you'll get is garbled video, but intact audio. But for most people, ATi's All in Wonder series cards are the way to go. The cheapest card would be the All in Wonder 9000 which would suit your needs fine.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 07:17:17 PM by wrathchild_67 »