Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video resolution  (Read 3559 times)

karenctnss

video resolution
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:32:29 AM »
my monitor was not able to adjust to a different resolution, however when i installed AOL 8.0 the software did it for me so it is now set to a 800x600 resolution with a 8bit pixel and now i cant see anything on my monitor and i cant adjust it back, do i need to buy a new video card or do i need a new monitor ???

Pete

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: video resolution
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 11:20:34 AM »
    Usually it's the video card which allows you to change the display properties not the monitor, the monitor just changes the shape of the display Vertical/Horizontal holds etc. red, green, blue contrast and so forth.  I probably don't have the definitive answer but here is my advice.  I would suggest that you find the name and details of your video card, then find the latest drivers and possibly any applications that come with them.  You should be able to download them from the manufacturers website.

I hope this is of some help
    Regards
    Pete

Karen Campbell

Re: video resolution
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 08:08:04 PM »
    Pete you saved me a bunch of money.....thanks very much for the help it was really appreciated ;D