Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word help please  (Read 2303 times)

JBC2KY

Word help please
« on: October 29, 2006, 06:31:09 PM »
Hi all,

I am hoping that someone here can assist or point me to an online resource that can assist with what I am looking to create.

I am looking at creating a word document where when opened a macro will run asking a number of questions and tick boxes. Based on these tick boxes word will then call in other associated word documents to create a tender document. ie

The macro will ask for information such as: Company name, contact details etc it will than have tick boxes asking if the client wants product A, product B etc. Based on these question the macro will then call in the other relevant word documents and populate with the company name etc to create the final document.

I hope this makes sense. If someone can point me to a resource that may assist me I'd be greateful.

Thanks in advance.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Word help please
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 06:54:35 PM »
Take a look at this: Positioning the Cursor in a New Document.  It talks about making a specific macro automatically run when Word is opened, but I'm sure the technique described there would apply to any Word macro.  The key is to name it AutoNew.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:09:36 PM »
...and to rename the file .wiz

:)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »
...and to rename the file .wiz

:)
:-?  You're joking, right?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:42:27 AM »
Nope.  .wiz is the extension MS uses for Word Wizard documents.  It ensures the correct associations for that kind of template file.

More here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/html/deovrWordWizards.asp
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos