Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with Game Card  (Read 8848 times)

sajid52

Need help with Game Card
« on: September 21, 2004, 02:03:18 PM »
Hello all.
I hope I can find help here with my problem.
I have also posted in another help forum with no success.
Please read my post,there are samples of what I am having problems with
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=274901&page=1&pp=15

Below is a reply from EA games tech support.
This too,didn't help.
Thank you for your time, and I hope your help.

"S"
V^^^^V

have looked over the system information included with your email and it appears that you are in need of an updated driver for your video card. Go to the following website and folow the simple instructions to download the latest drivers. The following instructions are solely provided as a general guide as each manufacturer may utilize a different method for installation.

Your video card driver can be obtained by taking the following steps:
1. Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
2. There you will see three boxes. In the first box choose "Graphics Driver".
3. In the second box, choose the type of Video card you have.
4. In the third box, choose your Operating System (Windows Version), and click "Go!"
5. Click on "Primary Download Site".
6. Read the LICENSE AGREEMENT and click "Accept".
7. Click on "Save"
8. Set the drop down box next to Save in to Desktop and click the "Save" button.
9. The file that has been copied to your desktop is a self extracting executable, meaning you should be able to double click on it and follow the directions to install it. It is normal to have to restart your computer after this is complete.

If the trouble continues, After looking at your system information, I noticed that you have a VIA chipset. There is an update you'll want to get from VIA that addresses a few known issues with their systems in particular causing lockups and other issues in several high end games.

This page has info that you should look into as a possible resolution to your issue. Unfortunately, I am unable to guide you through the setup of any of the software on this page as it is not EA's product, however should you run into trouble VIA has Install guide and a Help Forum which should be able to guide you through the instalation.

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

merlin_2

Re: Need help with Game Card
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 03:24:04 PM »
have you upgraded  all of your drivers?maybe wmp is the problem....try powerdvd and see if it solves it...

sajid52

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »
Yes, as post on the other site.I've downloaded all I can for drivers.

What can I do about wmp?

Would that cause the Nvidia card to reset it's self,and that's what made me lose full color graphics in my 3d test?

"S"
V^^^^V

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 03:40:09 PM »
could it be  a bad card? have you checked your drive settings  and see if the dma box is ticked?

sajid52

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »
Dma? Where would I find this?
I got the card in May,but a test I did said it was made 2 yrs ago. :-/

:)

"S"
V^^^^V
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 03:46:05 PM by sajid52 »

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 03:54:37 PM »
depending on what o/s you have go to the device manager ....cd drives  click the + sign click the drive...properties....settings..if you have downloaded all the drivers ...it must be an issue with directx and wmp....try another like power dvd...is has a system diagnostics built in...for  vid cards...give it a try...more dvd players here>http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showcategory.php?cid=13&scid=10&detail=low   take your pick..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 04:03:33 PM by merlin_2 »

sajid52

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 04:13:45 PM »
 :P Lost,I have XP Home.

"S"
V^^^^V

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 01:24:32 AM »
Did you install your drivers properly?

What are the specifications of your videocard?

sajid52

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 08:40:43 AM »
Yes.

"S"
V^^^^V

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 10:30:29 AM »
Did you follow the instructions provided by EA?

sajid52

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 11:31:52 AM »
Yes,still a no go.

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 12:17:33 PM »
Could you summarize your problem? Switching back and forth from one forum to another is not included in my pay check...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 12:17:55 PM by Raptor »

sajid52

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 12:31:26 PM »
Here are the pix,and the posts.

"S"
V^^^^V

I noticed while playing a web video on Windows Media Player,the screen is green,and your unable to see the picture.
Sometime later,I downloaded The Sims 2 Body Shop. And all of the sudden that too went green.
NOW,I have The SIMS2 (3D) on DVD...and this is what I get.

**See attchment:
How do I get this to look right?
Thank you for your help and your time.

"S"
V^^^^V

NVIDIA GeForce4 FX

Processor: AMD Athon XP2400+,3DNOW,2.0GHz

Memory: 504MB RAM

DirectX Ver.: DirectX 9.0b

Local Disk: 81.6 free

Try to upgrade the last drivers of your video card ( http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp )

Try a video movie without 3D effects first.

Been there,done that

It seems many Nvidia cards suffer from this problem, I believe its a driver issue.

Go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest version of their unified driver and install that. Note that you need to go to ADD/REMOVE Programs in Control Panel and uninstall the old driver if listed and then reboot before installing the new one.

If you have the latest driver already then you may want to try an older video driver such as the Detonator 44.XX series of driver.

You may also want to update your DirectX to 9.0b or c from Windows Update or Microsoft.com

I already got the DX 9c,still a no go. Will check out other suggestions

Geforce4 MX440se 64MB DDR PCI video card OEM

Did the drivers thing,still a no go.
Updated all drivers including motherboard chipset, bios upgrade, direct x 9.0c.
dvds play correctly if i tell the dvd player to not use hardware acceleration, (use software) is there a syntax to add to the target to do the same? As to play in a window it is "-w" (without quotes) direct play is the dvd navigator in direct x 9 series. The game will not load if hardware acceleration is off, need it to ignore it, or something.

You can adjust the Hardware Acceleration of the card if you go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings - > Advanced -> TroubleShoot. However this can have the adverse effect of slowing down your cards performance. While in the Settings, you may want to change/modify the 3D/overlay settings of the Nvidia Card.

I have looked over the system information included with your email and it appears that you are in need of an updated driver for your video card. Go to the following website and folow the simple instructions to download the latest drivers. The following instructions are solely provided as a general guide as each manufacturer may utilize a different method for installation.

Your video card driver can be obtained by taking the following steps:
1. Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
2. There you will see three boxes. In the first box choose "Graphics Driver".
3. In the second box, choose the type of Video card you have.
4. In the third box, choose your Operating System (Windows Version), and click "Go!"
5. Click on "Primary Download Site".
6. Read the LICENSE AGREEMENT and click "Accept".
7. Click on "Save"
8. Set the drop down box next to Save in to Desktop and click the "Save" button.
9. The file that has been copied to your desktop is a self extracting executable, meaning you should be able to double click on it and follow the directions to install it. It is normal to have to restart your computer after this is complete.

If the trouble continues, After looking at your system information, I noticed that you have a VIA chipset. There is an update you'll want to get from VIA that addresses a few known issues with their systems in particular causing lockups and other issues in several high end games.

This page has info that you should look into as a possible resolution to your issue. Unfortunately, I am unable to guide you through the setup of any of the software on this page as it is not EA's product, however should you run into trouble VIA has Install guide and a Help Forum which should be able to guide you through the instalation.

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

Raptor

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 05:07:34 AM »
This does not affect only The Sims 2?

Try completely uninstalling your Videocard drivers and The Sims 2. Then run a program such as Advanced System Optimizer V2 to remove unused registry entries. Once you have done that, you can reinstall The Sims 2 and your videocard drivers. Then see if that solves the problem. If that does not solve your problem, you can follow the same routine but this time also uninstall your videocard from the Device Manager.

Or contact Nvidia if you are certain this is occuring on more Nvidia videocards. (You may need to wait for them to release new drivers?)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 05:07:56 AM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 03:12:25 PM »
suggested by monty>wow. some people i swear. i just read some more of these posts... sounds like you people are stupid. you have to shut everything off and maybe, if you have a good video card over 64k and 256k ram it would work just fine. ive got a p.o.s. p/c and ive got no problems. dont forget to defrag after installation. delete all the crap you dont need.