Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD plays but no audio comes out  (Read 1764 times)

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
    CD plays but no audio comes out
    « on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:15 PM »
    Okay, this is bothering me.  I was trying to play an audio CD on my computer, and no matter what player I use, (Winamp, Windows Media Player, or Musicmatch Jukebox), I get no sound when I attempt to play an audio CD (even official releases).  All other sound works just fine.  Should I attempt to re-install the sound drivers?  My computer has a Realtek HD Rear Audio integrated sound device.  I get sound from computer games, but not audio discs.  Sound comes out perfectly on Myst V: End of Ages, for example.  Something's going on, and I can't tell what.  The computer is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion a1440n 3.00 Ghz PC.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:52:24 PM by DarthMaul »

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: CD plays but no audio comes out
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:54:09 PM »
    Is it only certain sound extensions?

What excatly can you play and not play?

Some basics: Check your volume control to see if Wave and SW synth are set and not muted.

In control panel volume control check your device settings to make sure the right device is selected.

You can also use Start->Run->Dxdiag in the sound option to test out your sound,

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: CD plays but no audio comes out
      « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 10:01:25 PM »
      I fixed the problem.  I had to make the sound digital.  I have no clue why analog audio will not work.