Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista, Yes or No?  (Read 5712 times)

mikewithaprob

Windows Vista, Yes or No?
« on: November 07, 2006, 05:11:30 PM »
This Is basically just an add on to the previous topic I had semi about Vista, But I thought It would be better to make A new thread and see where it went. Also, I want to know what people think. ;)

nyteshyft

Re: Windows Vista, Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:55:39 PM »
Unless you have a space age dual core 10grand computer I suggest that you throw the Vista CD in Bills face and say "Make it again." That man creates crap and crap only. The Vista Beta version doesn't even work on my friends brand new computer, he spent over $5000 AUD and is still upgrading. He installed it and it was so god *censored* slow it was ridiculous, if you want a cool looking graphical interface then get Linux or buy a friggin Mac. There's no point buying Vista, or even downloading it, it's rather ghey. It's just like that stupid 360 box, my friend (same one) bought one and egged me on to get one, I said I'll wait for the next best thing, he installed some sort of firmware on his and then had to do the whole updates with XBOX Live. Now he is unable to use his 360 for some reason along with 5% of other people who have the same CD/DVD drive and Microsoft are refusing to compensate him and are telling him there is nothing they can do about it, if that happened to myself, I'd buy a ticket to the U.S, knock on Bill's door and politely ask for a refund, and if not, the the politeness will turn into anger and the 360 would have an imprint of Bill's face on it. bah rambling//

The point is Vista is too buggy, too slow, and when it screws up, Microsoft won't do anything about it, just like XP, as if the error sending reports actually make it to anyone at MS, probably all goes to a hdd which is formatted every day. It just looks pretty, Vista that is, I'm not saying that it's ugly, it's just not Windows if you know what I mean. Buy a Mac or use Linux if you want your desktop to look cool, or get widgets for christ sake, don't waste your money on a bunch of pretty interfaces that will eat your ram like it's going out of fashion.

heh, quite suprising that I didn't add 'z0r' or 'izzle' anywhere. 1337$%&^$%. :D

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:10:47 PM »
Was this an official release version of Vista or an "ahem" version ? ?

I've been bench testing it for 7 weeks or so ( 2 releases ) and not seen any of those nightmares. Glitches yes but nightmares not a one.
YMMV.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bayern

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »
What do you expectt? It's Microsoft. What else can they make but %$#@. Would like to put BG in a toilet bowl so that he would know what S%&# tastes like.  :D

Mac rules.

B.

JacobRichards111

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 12:28:03 AM »
Windows Vista looks pretty, isn't their some kind of promotion going on?  If you buy a Windows Vista ready PC you may be elgible to get Vista for free or something once it comes out?  

The Xbox 360 doesn't even work anymore?  What a waste...  I like consols and might get Playstation 3.  I like how Playstation 3 will be backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 games.  While 360 requires some kind of emulator?  But the price of PS3.............  I play games casually so maybe I'll just forget about it until it drops a hundred at least.  I have gamecube cause I grew up with nintendo, it's the perfect little consol for traveling.  

I remember that when they made a tiny version of the original playstation console, it would over heat and sometimes the game will actually freezes on you.  I even ran a racing game and temporary all the cars wheels converted in to squares.  I wonder if such issues would occure with the PS2 slim consoles.........

Being a comic book fan, I love the screenshots of the new Ghost Rider video game.  You can ride the bike on ground, on buildings, and then rocket yourself over the roof!!   ;)  What games are you guys looking forward to?