Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft outlook - Just stopped Working!!!  (Read 6980 times)

lmkj

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Microsoft outlook - Just stopped Working!!!
    « on: November 08, 2006, 09:47:59 AM »
    Hello i was wondering whether anybody could help me.

I currently run Microsoft Office Outllook 2003 on my computer and for the last year or so has been working perfectly. The last four days i havent been able to send or receive anything and i have no idea why. I have check all my settings and the email setups etc etc and its al set up fine. My emails are working properly because i am able to access them through the web but ideally i would rather them come through on my outlook. My server is btinternet and they say the problem isnt with them. the error messages thatcome up are as follows:
     Task 'mail.btinternet.com - receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to recieve this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    I also get the same message when i send with the number (0x80042109).

Is anybody able to recommend anything as btinternet dont seem to want to help me!

Many thanks

GX1_Man

Re: Microsoft outlook - Just stopped Working!!!
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:39:58 PM »
    I googled for the error message and got this from the mothership:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318790

<-------------------

Perhaps a test of your hard drive with the free diagnostics from the appropriate drive maker's site AND an uninstall/reinstall of Outlook are in order.
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:41:29 PM by GX1_Man »

lmkj

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: Microsoft outlook - Just stopped Working!!!
      « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »
      Thank you so much for that microsoft link. It lead me to a Symantic link where i was able to speak with one of their representatives on their live chat. The problem was with the configuration of my Norton Internet Security and i had to configure the personal firewall.

Thank you again for the advice. Goodness knows what i would have done without your advice!