Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hardware  (Read 1981 times)

Gummybear

Hardware
« on: November 12, 2006, 08:44:54 PM »
My pc froze and now will only boot when it feel's like it. When it does not boot it seems as though there is no power getting anywhere except the lights to say it is on. Could this be a battrey problem?

homer

Expert
    Re: Hardware
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:06:05 AM »
    im assuming absolutley NOTHING turns on (disks dont spin, lights dont blink, etc.). in that case, it might be good to buy a new power supply or test a different power supply on your comp.

to see if your power supply is faulty, take it out of your pc and put it into a different pc (one that you know works correctly). and visa versa. take the power supply out of the pc you know works correctly and place it in your pc and see if it works.

Gummybear

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 04:57:59 AM »
    Had a new power supply unit put in a couple of months back. When turned on I can hear the fan and Disk drives but it does not seem to activate start up. Just a blank screen and zilch after that.

Thanks for the info though

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 08:02:54 AM »
    What is the make and wattage of the power supply you put in? It sounds faulty, but there may be other hardware problems as well. Some info about your machine, age of parts, etc. could be helpful as well, eh?
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:25:12 PM by GX1_Man »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:08:18 PM »
    I have a red Toyota.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "