Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I organize digital music?  (Read 1744 times)

freescaler

How do I organize digital music?
« on: November 16, 2006, 08:14:46 PM »
Over the past 5 years I have gather over 5000 different MP3, CMA, and other types of digital music files.  Over time they have become very disorganized and I have learned to live with it until now.  

My work just gave me :) a digital media player (Toshiba Gigabeat, 30 gig). I uploaded my music and now I am having a terrible listening to music.  The media player is great and has a lot of nice option.  But since my music is so unorganized, I find myself listen to Metallica one minute and Billy Joel the next.  This is such a mood KILLER >:(!!!!!

So now I have a strong need to reorganize my music.   Some files have the complete information like artist, album, title, genre, ….  But most do not.   Is there a program that will AutoTag these files and also configure all my music in the same labeling format?

Also I noticed that there are like 50 different genres.  Is there a way to narrow this down?[/b]

Any suggestions on a method to organize 5000 songs or any kind of software suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks a Bunch

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: How do I organize digital music?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:19:42 AM »
What music handling software do you currently have installed on your computer?  Here's a Microsoft page which might help: Organize your digital media collection.  You might find some more helpful info by plopping your question, How do I organize digital music?, into a Google search box.

freescaler

Re: How do I organize digital music?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »
Thanks for the post Soybean.   I uses windows media player.   I did use google and it pionted me to fixtunes and monkey media.  I tried both and the auto tag option did not seem to work.